Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 01:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Arresting Rick Gates, Manafort's deputy, is the real danger to Manafort, Trump, Flynn and all the rest of them.

Gates was the leg man, and at age 45, he has a lot more to lose than the others. He's also the easiest for the prosecutors to flip for a plea deal, and he's the facilitator. Manafort was probably divorced from all the meetings that Gates set up, so he may have nothing much to offer for a plea deal.

It's often the underlings that know the most and can cause the most damage to those above them. If there's anything in this that is a serious threat to Trump's Presidency, it will come from Gates, not Manafort or Flynn.
Agreed. These bail amounts are pretty clear. They don't want anyone going anywhere. Well, house arrest will keep a person in place, too.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What a shocker.

Trump's inner-circle is TERRIFIED.

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/stat...74113487691777

Mueller's team would likely work for free .

And any lawyers here of "friends" of attorneys who know what the legality of the public having a Go Fund Me for government employee costs or and wages...

Old 10-30-2017, 01:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Stupid is Trumpettes call to wind down an investigation, one that is yielding pleas of guilt and two indictments on VERY SERIOUS charges.. It's only been 5 months.

We've been thru the GOP witch hunts. 28 months of Benghazi hearings, inquiries that led to NOTHING.. A huge NOTHINGBURGER. All because the reicht wing of the GOP insists on taking down a Clinton like rabid dogs..

Well chickens come home to roost, don't they?

The chickens came home to roost. Good lands - politics is a dirty business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hell, I’m surprised that they’re covering it at all!!

Trust me - there's a lot more talk about HILLARY than there is about the indictments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And what a shocker, Trump is trying to raise money off of this. Someone's got to pay his legal bills, I guess, and it may as well be the suckers that support him because he certainly doesn't want to spend any of his own money, that I can tell you, believe me!

http://twitter.com/RawStory/status/925060979217575936

That's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So I'm at the gym, sweating at the treadmill.

NBC, CBS, and ABC have a show on how to check Halloween candy, Judge Mablean, Days of Our Lives.

CNN is filling time explaining what might happen shortly with Manafort and Gates in the federal courtroom. Might just read the charges. Also might get arraigned, bail, ... What does it mean that Papadopoulos isa cooperating witness. Sarah Huckabee-Sanders will give a press conference. ...

Meanwhile, Fox crawl is all about Mueller being compromised, needs to recuse himself,... Hannity is going to have Newt Gingrich on tonight to blow more smoke about Mueller. ...

Rs would be smart to be clear about what will happen if Trump watches this nonsense on Fox and convinces himself that he can get away with firing Mueller.
Well Fox is the propaganda wing of the WH. They will spend NO time discussing the charges against Manafort and Gates and a whole lotta time talking about how bad Mueller is DESPITE the fact - they all loved him until he started doing his job.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So I'm at the gym, sweating at the treadmill.

NBC, CBS, and ABC have a show on how to check Halloween candy, Judge Mablean, Days of Our Lives.

CNN is filling time explaining what might happen shortly with Manafort and Gates in the federal courtroom. Might just read the charges. Also might get arraigned, bail, ... What does it mean that Papadopoulos isa cooperating witness. Sarah Huckabee-Sanders will give a press conference. ...

Meanwhile, Fox crawl is all about Mueller being compromised, needs to recuse himself,... Hannity is going to have Newt Gingrich on tonight to blow more smoke about Mueller. ...

Rs would be smart to be clear about what will happen if Trump watches this nonsense on Fox and convinces himself that he can get away with firing Mueller.
More than one Republican in Congress has publicly stated that they'd consider firing Mueller an "impeachable offense." We may find out whether those comments had any teeth.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:27 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Except that you didn't say that I watched CSI, Jack.

You said...

Let's see, according to you, I "live in a fantasy land" (aka crazy/delusional) and I need to be enlighted (aka ignorant).

Nope, nothing personal there...
Sorry you are so very sensitive. And you are ignorant on the legal system. And assuming because George P. plead guilty it means something beyond what it means. That is not personal just an observation based on your comments.

Not delusional but hoping for something without anything to base it on. Call it what you want. Hopeful, how about that word?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:28 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
As far as fund raising, I can only assume many people on this thread (or maybe the entire forum) didn't vote. If you are a registered Dem or Rep, you've been getting begging letters for donations before, during and after the election. Cancel your voter registration and solve the problem. That's what I did. I will re-register to vote (maybe) in a future election.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Paul Manafort? The guy even Republicans were expecting to be indicted since last year? And we are acting like this is a huge shock?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:29 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Most unethical corrupt administration since the 19th century.

Very trashy people. Very trashy.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:30 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Most unethical corrupt administration since the 19th century.

Very trashy people. Very trashy.
Last time I checked, Manafort was not part of the current administration. He was fired from the campaign after it was disclosed he was under investigation.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Sorry you are so very sensitive. And you are ignorant on the legal system. And assuming because George P. plead guilty it means something beyond what it means. That is not personal just an observation based on your comments.

Not delusional but hoping for something without anything to base it on. Call it what you want. Hopeful, how about that word?
Indeed, I would say your post is hopeful. It's a good word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies