Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:28 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Whitefish got its contract pulled by the Governor of Puerto Rico yesterday.
They'll still get about $10 million of the contract, but the deal was too shady to let them keep it.

They should never have been allowed to enter a bid in the first place. Whitefish Power had only been a business for 2 years, and only had 2 paid employees. There are a dozen larger companies that had the resources, expertise, and manpower to rebuild the power grid.

I don't hold Trump accountable for this, but I do hold Zinke accountable. Whitefish's headquarters is in Zinke's hometown, and it's obvious he tried to cut a real sweetheart deal that was worth $300 million for a couple off old buddies.

And the way the contract was written, there would have been no accountability or oversight on the money they spent. If they had gotten away with it, that $300 million could have been used to half-finish the job, and would have forced the government to fork over another $300 million or more to finish it.

So the $300 would turn into $600 or even $900 million as the job stretched on and on, with one budget over-ride after another. With nothing to stop it, and no penalties for non-performance.

You can bet some of that plunder would have ended up in Zinke's pockets, too. Anyone who got that kind of money would be happy to kick some of it back to the guy who landed the deal for them.

The whole thing stunk to high heaven. I'm glad the Governor put a stop to it quickly.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:32 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
I think there is something fishy about Whitefish and have called for the resignation of Zinke. He should go.

But I support Trump. Every time one of these swamp creatures of Washington is found and disposed of we here it from the NeverTrump crowd all about how he was gonna "drain the swamp".

They lose sight of the fact that when a swamp creature is found and fired, that's what Trump is doing - draining the swamp! Evidently, the NeverTrumpers thought Trump's mere appearance would clear things out. Ah. Simple minds.

Zinke should go. Trump should stay.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies