Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:00 PM

716 posts, read 393,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so how do you ban Russians from Facebook?

how did a few Facebook ads overcome Hillary's billion dollar campaign and having the media, celebrities, and Obama administration and Never Trumpers shilling for her?

I'm all ears
Yeah only a 'few ads', that were seen by millions of Americans. Jeez, thanks for proving my point about misleading and misrepresenting the truth.

"...the ads were seen by more than 11 million people between 2015 and 2017."

You're not all ears, your covering your ears and loudly screaming, "la-la-la-la-la-la"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 01:53 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Yeah only a 'few ads', that were seen by millions of Americans. Jeez, thanks for proving my point about misleading and misrepresenting the truth.

"...the ads were seen by more than 11 million people between 2015 and 2017."

You're not all ears, your covering your ears and loudly screaming, "la-la-la-la-la-la"...

They were seen by people? That could just mean they flamed over it or tossed it into their junk file?

Did these ads swing the voters over from Hillary to Trump?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or we can have the non-bias perfect system we have today, the same one some consider propaganda and/or Fake News.
Sorry, but I would love it if news sources had to report only the facts, and if they want to add their spin that they would be required to label it as pure Opinion. Oh, I see it every day here, people posting "stuff" from one far left or far right site, or worse yet, posting YouTube videos as if they were factual, trustworthy and worthy of more than a casual viewing.
I would love it if even ONE source had to post only the facts and ALL the known Facts, me thinks it would be the most viewed source around.

Well said CAS

Old 11-03-2017, 02:46 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yup, facts and reality have a liberal bias. We're usually right.
Pretty much social conservatives prefer their fairly tales aka the bible.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
They were seen by people? That could just mean they flamed over it or tossed it into their junk file?...
Verses, what your dog?!?

I don't doubt that many were tossed. But if you were a typical Republican with a hatred for Hillary that's been simmering for decades, it's more likely that they were passed on with a thumbs up to everyone in their contact list.

Quote:
...Did these ads swing the voters over from Hillary to Trump?
I don't believe we'll ever know if they were responsible for his win. On the other hand, any reasonable person would admit that it had some effect. There's a practical reason why over 200 billion is spent on advertising every year.

Why else would someone eat a Papa John's pizza?!?

Old 11-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Verses, what your dog?!?

I don't doubt that many were tossed. But if you were a typical Republican with a hatred for Hillary that's been simmering for decades, it's more likely that they were passed on with a thumbs up to everyone in their contact list.

I don't believe we'll ever know if they were responsible for his win. On the other hand, any reasonable person would admit that it had some effect. There's a practical reason why over 200 billion is spent on advertising every year.

Why else would someone eat a Papa John's pizza?!?
if they were Republicans already, why would these ads make them vote for the Republican candidate?

Old 11-03-2017, 04:31 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
and you're assuming Americans are stupid that they all immediately believed all the ads or it swung their votes

is that what the Democrats plan to run on in 2020? Trump voters are stupid?
The ads did not originate in the Troll Factory. I did not comment on the ads, but on the Russian source of the comments on many boards and online news articles published by American and British (and perhaps others) news outlets.

Of course, some will scream "fake news" about all MSM, which in this case, is literally a red herring.

Again, the goal of those funding the Troll Factory and other similar efforts was and is not to support Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, although they appear to have favored Trump's candidacy - Hillary would have been a tougher target for them, had she won the election (and yes, I know very well that she didn't, so don't try to claim I am hung up on her defeat).

The real goal is to divide the American populace, create doubt and dissension and increase cynicism, and to weaken our system of government. It is not a partisan problem - it adversely affects us all, regardless of political views or affiliations.

Judging by some of the posts in this thread and elsewhere in this forum, they're succeeding.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The ads did not originate in the Troll Factory. I did not comment on the ads, but on the Russian source of the comments on many boards and online news articles published by American and British (and perhaps others) news outlets.

Of course, some will scream "fake news" about all MSM, which in this case, is literally a red herring.

Again, the goal of those funding the Troll Factory and other similar efforts was and is not to support Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, although they appear to have favored Trump's candidacy - Hillary would have been a tougher target for them, had she won the election (and yes, I know very well that she didn't, so don't try to claim I am hung up on her defeat).

The real goal is to divide the American populace, create doubt and dissension and increase cynicism, and to weaken our system of government. It is not a partisan problem - it adversely affects us all, regardless of political views or affiliations.

Judging by some of the posts in this thread and elsewhere in this forum, they're succeeding.

I keep reading and it is hilarious. Yes, it took the Russians to divide us, because before 2016 everyone was holding hands and singing kukbaya

Old 11-03-2017, 04:33 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
if they were Republicans already, why would these ads make them vote for the Republican candidate?
Do you have any idea how many Republicans and Independents had serious doubts about Trump and were wavering? Do you know how many Democrats had similar doubts about Hillary Clinton, but were initially reluctant to vote for a Republican?

Old 11-03-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
You would have a valid point if the typical Republican's contact list was made up entirely of conservatives, I find that hard to believe. Most families have relatives and friends in both camps.

My family and friends range from the hard right to the hard left and everything in between. People who refuse to interact, let alone befriend the 'others', are cutting off their noses to spite their face. It's sad really...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies