Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:44 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,611,700 times

Advertisements

What a dumb topic. The Vegas shooter was already dead!

Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,568,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump has given this terrorist ' s defense lawyer a great opening argument.

Good job, dumbass.
If you think this guy is going to get anything less than the death penalty I would gladly sample some of what you are smoking.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:51 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
No, what about American born nutcases that can purchase guns wherever and hoard the guns for their future killings? No mention of even trying to change gun show gaps and just trying to get guns off of our streets. When someone can own 50 guns without known questions and kill 58 people and injure hundreds more that's ok, because he was born in America?

2 horrific killings; don't use NYC, for your bigot ways Mr. President. If you don't know what the h*** you are talking about, just shut up.

Oh yeah, pledge your allegiance to the NRA, that's who has grips on our country.
I suggest you take your own advice on this one...

Nobody said it was okay. Nobody gave that scumbag praise.

There is no gun show loophole. None. You can not purchase a firearm at a gun show without a NICS background check or without filling out a 4473. In all of the gun shows I've been to thus far, every single retailer who sold firearms, had a pile of 4473s, and Internet connection for NICS. And county sheriff's were present at every, single, gunshow. Your gun show loophole is a myth.

I won't give an exact number but I own over 50. What's wrong with that? False equivalency much? I think so, you're attempting to equate me to paddock...

Not a single 1 has killed, maimed, or wounded a human. Deer, turkey, and hogs, different story. So why should I or anyone else have constitutionally protected God given rights stripped from them?

Don't like the 2nd Amendment move to Canada or france.

Psst. I'll let you in on a secret. The NRA doesn't have grips on this country... it's the people who are paying members of the NRA, who do not want to have their rights restricted because of your feeble fears stemming from your Hollywood elitists and politicians fear mongering.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:55 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,825,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because we have a US Constitution. More specifically, the 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms, which "shall not be infringed."

Don't like it? Work to Amend the Constitution.
You missed the first part of that Amendment - "A well regulated militia...". That was not a throw away line to round out the sentence.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,850,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because we have a US Constitution. More specifically, the 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms, which "shall not be infringed."

Don't like it? Work to Amend the Constitution.
I understand the Constitution, don't want to argue with you over that old song and dance. A man walked into a Walmart last evening and killed 3 people, in Thornton, Colorado, one of the safest places in America; just as casual can be. According to you, that's ok?

Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 AM

89,143 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You missed the first part of that Amendment - "A well regulated militia...". That was not a throw away line to round out the sentence.
How can we have a "militia" if no one is armed? Hmmmm...???

Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Default Quit Lying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/u...umer-visa.html

Either Trump doesn't realize that the US Constitution guarantees due process, or he doesn't care.

No trial necessary, just execute him. This is the President of the USA.

This is not surprising considering that Trump advocated the death penalty for the Central Park 5, even after they were found not guilty as a result of DNA evidence

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/o...park-five.html
Trump was NOT "largely silent" on L.V. shooting! What kind of idiot would say this ...oh, wait, a CNN/MSNBC viewer. When all you see are lies everyday, you're going to believe lies. Disgusting!

This NYC terrorist is not a U.S. citizen. The Constitution applies to citizens. He planned this attack for days, if not weeks. He attended a Mosque that had been under surveillance for years. There is nothing that would prohibit this man from being designated an "enemy combatant." I completely sympathize with Trumps feelings on this, but the fact is that may not be the best way to handle this case. And by the way, Trump did not say "no trial necessary." Even those who go to "Gitmo" get a trial, but it may take longer because of the legal battles that would ensue. Besides, "Gitmo" is like a spa. It would be too good for him.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:25 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,912,316 times
Quote:

Either Trump doesn't realize that the US Constitution guarantees due process, or he doesn't care.

Just an honest question, why post a rant on CD about the president not demanding the death penalty on a person already dead? Some folks will go to extreme lengths to complain about the president.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You do know there are plenty of White male Muslims...Doh!
You guys should have taken your smart pills tonight
This terrorist is white.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:30 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
Quote:

This is not surprising considering that Trump advocated the death penalty for the Central Park 5, even after they were found not guilty as a result of DNA evidence

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/o...park-five.html
This statement could potentially allow the GUILTY AS HELL man to walk free. Any decent trial lawyer is now going to say he can't get a fair trial. Unless he is somehow labeled an enemy combatant, which I understand is unlikely, Trump may have just set this guy free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies