Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 13,521,447 times

Advertisements

According to the media Weinstein and Spacey are both being treated at the Meadows Clinic in Arizona.

Kevin Spacey checks into the SAME sex rehab clinic as Harvey Weinstein

Inside Harvey Weinstein's $37,000-per-month Arizona clinic | Daily Mail

Kevin Spacey enters sex adicition program at the Meadows | Daily Mail

Whilst actor Richard Dreyfuss's son Harry now has also accussed Spacey of sexual assault.

Richard Dreyfuss's son Harry alleges Kevin Spacey groped him as a teenager - The Telegraph

Kevin Spacey accused of sexual assault by son of actor Richard Dreyfuss - The Guardian

Richard Dreyfuss's son says that Kevin Spacey groped him | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,805,894 times
The human mind is complicated... Harvey Weinstein has (had) a stunningly beautiful wife, it's unbelievable that he was not satisfied with that, yikes! I would rate her a 9+.

So, he had a super hot wife, loads of money, influence and fame. Something is surely mentally wrong with this man if all that isn't enough that he had to chase after and harass other women.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:27 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,663,643 times
If there is probable cause, then he should be arrested. Folks should not be tried in the court of public opinion before the facts are presented. In this case, I'm defining a "fact" as something that can be corroborated and that would meet a standard of proof. Given the vagaries of civil and criminal law, what constitutes proof is a matter for lawyers to argue about, as well it should be.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:39 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Police do not make that decision, the District Attorney does. The DA has to have enough evidence to think they can convict. Boyce should get his butt chewed for making the statement.
Except, they may just be trying to put pressure on Weinstein, like the pimple that he is . . .
The police can and do make decisions to arrest based on whether probable cause exists that a crime has been committed. What they do not do is make an ultimate decision of whether to file charges/bring a case; that decision is made by the DA.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:45 PM

57,383 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Default Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too - Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek wrote this story in the NY Times today regarding her problems with Weinstein leading up to her producing and acting in the movie Frida. This is one very sick man and I hope he and his company lose everything. Imagine all the other actresses that didn't stand up to him.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tein.html?_r=0

Old 12-14-2017, 03:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,922,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
I bet the dems/libs would defend him and say that there wasn't any intent, like they did with Hillary.
Weinstein is a disgusting pig, and I hope he rots away the rest of his life in a prison cell.

This isn't political.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:56 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,492,828 times
It's sick also that people are saying Weinstein is the same as Trump .

Old 12-14-2017, 04:17 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Weinstein will probably get away with it in the US due to the statute of limitation laws, just as Bill Cosby got away with it. The problem is that US States have a hotch potch of laws relating to statue of limitation and clever lawyers can get historical charges dropped.

However Weinstein and others may have problems if there is enough evidence to prosecute in relation to the 11 allegations made in London, as the United Kingdom has no statute of limitations (time limit) for serious sexual crimes unlike other European countries. Furthermore forcing someone to perform oral sex is deemed rape in the UK, indeed what constitutes rape has been extended in recent decades in the UK.
Don't you mean England? Last time I checked Scotland had its own sexual assault laws.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:20 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I think there should be a law that negates any non-disclosure agreement when the activity not to be disclosed is a felony act. In that way the perp cannot recover damages from the victim even if the victim signed a non-disclosure agreement.
I've never seen or heard of a non-disclosure agreement that would cover something like this, but even if one did it would be against public policy and unenforceable in most, if not all, states.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:57 PM

665 posts, read 614,666 times
Soon he's gonna have nowhere to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies