Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 05:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Incomes of $480,060 or more current rate 39.6%.. proposed rate 39.6%

Thats not a move...
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-tax-plan.html

Even the liberal NY Times says your wrong. Stop repeating Democratic propaganda of lies and YOU read it...

pgh to Congress:

Bust a move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Now your changing the discussion to suit your will. Is an estate income or not?

Why would you exempt $11.2 million if its income? I know how it works.. $100k in an estate is also income right?

An estate is not income. An inheritance is income. The wrong thing is being taxed and the right thing is not being taxed.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is looking horrible for $200K S-Corp owners. Massive tax hikes for them, because this bill will force them to take 70% of income as salary, which means 15% payroll taxes will be applied to it.

Unfortunately it is likely get worse in the Senate where people try to make sure the impact on the debt is minimized. This means more taxes on certain groups, probably mid-class.
Hike the damn taxes on the $200K year guy.

Leave the $60K guy alone.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Barack Obama and Janet Yellen did more to create an affordable housing crisis then any administration in the history of America.

Barack Obama and Janet Yellen are the reason why there are so many homeless people these days with the huge asset bubbles in real estate.

The low interest rates have caused housing prices and rents to skyrocket with was Barack Obama's gift to the investor class.

Home prices are so inflated that people are renting for years and years more than they used to causing apartment rents to spike like never before.
Looks like Trump will continue on with low interest rates/ cheap money.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
An estate is not income. An inheritance is income. The wrong thing is being taxed and the right thing is not being taxed.
If an inheritance is income, then you should tax it even if its as little a $10K.. its not income for one person, but not for another..

Old 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
people making little money need to start paying their fair share

Old 11-07-2017, 06:14 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahhh. Dang you're old

Nicely done though.
Yeah, but it is nice being at that KMA (Kiss My A**) stage of life because I am only working because I want to work and not because I have to. I could retire this very minute and be just fine.

What a lot of people fail to see is when income tax rates are lowered it always results in an increased amount of money into the US Treasury.

But don't take my word for it let's look at the historical data.

Let's take a look at 1981 vs 1982 and we can find the IRS tax rates here

Federal tax rate dropped a huge amount for all tax payers under President Reagan, didn't it? Top rate in 1981 was 70% where the top rate for 1982 was 50%. Doesn't it make sense that revenue to the US Treasury would drop? Of course it does but let's take a look at what really happened here.

What we ended up with was a federal income tax revenue hardly moved at all while total direct revenue to the US Treasury climbed, yes I said climbed, from $599.3 billion to $627.8 billion.

What people fail to understand is if you want something to disappear all you got to do is tax it. It's really just that simple. If you want money to leave the country all you got to do is tax it and if you want less jobs for people all you have to do is tax jobs. It's simple.

Now, I don't want you to take my word for anything but using the revenue data and the federal income tax rates I would suggest you take a look at 1963, when the top rate was 91.0% and 1964 when, under President Kennedy, the top tax rate was chopped to 70%. In 1963 the total revenue to the US Treasury was $106.6 billion while in 1964 the revenue increased to $112.6 billion.

Here, look for yourself https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/year_download_1963USbn_19bs1n#usgs302 and https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/year_download_1964USbn_19bs1n#usgs302

and then ask yourself this; how the heck did revenue from income taxes rise from $69.2 billion to $72.2 billion when they just had a massive income tax rate cut??? How did this this happen?

That answer is easy and it is always the same. If you want something to go away, like prosperity, all you got to do is tax it. Just that simple.

Ask yourself this question; will you work as hard if 91% of what you earn is taken from you as if 39% of what you earn is taken from you? Don't lie to yourself, just answer the question.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:26 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
In before the sheep of the ultra wealthy remind us that we were born to serve the rich.
a great deal of middle class republicans and trump supporters would gladly pay that extra tax because it's going to a good cause, the billionaires.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Yeah, but it is nice being at that KMA (Kiss My A**) stage of life because I am only working because I want to work and not because I have to. I could retire this very minute and be just fine.

What a lot of people fail to see is when income tax rates are lowered it always results in an increased amount of money into the US Treasury.

But don't take my word for it let's look at the historical data.

Let's take a look at 1981 vs 1982 and we can find the IRS tax rates here

Federal tax rate dropped a huge amount for all tax payers under President Reagan, didn't it? Top rate in 1981 was 70% where the top rate for 1982 was 50%. Doesn't it make sense that revenue to the US Treasury would drop? Of course it does but let's take a look at what really happened here.

What we ended up with was a federal income tax revenue hardly moved at all while total direct revenue to the US Treasury climbed, yes I said climbed, from $599.3 billion to $627.8 billion.

What people fail to understand is if you want something to disappear all you got to do is tax it. It's really just that simple. If you want money to leave the country all you got to do is tax it and if you want less jobs for people all you have to do is tax jobs. It's simple.

Now, I don't want you to take my word for anything but using the revenue data and the federal income tax rates I would suggest you take a look at 1963, when the top rate was 91.0% and 1964 when, under President Kennedy, the top tax rate was chopped to 70%. In 1963 the total revenue to the US Treasury was $106.6 billion while in 1964 the revenue increased to $112.6 billion.

Here, look for yourself https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/year_download_1963USbn_19bs1n#usgs302 and https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/year_download_1964USbn_19bs1n#usgs302

and then ask yourself this; how the heck did revenue from income taxes rise from $69.2 billion to $72.2 billion when they just had a massive income tax rate cut??? How did this this happen?

That answer is easy and it is always the same. If you want something to go away, like prosperity, all you got to do is tax it. Just that simple.

Ask yourself this question; will you work as hard if 91% of what you earn is taken from you as if 39% of what you earn is taken from you? Don't lie to yourself, just answer the question.

And the typical low-wage worker becomes worse off because rents necessarily skyrocket. The initial extra money in my pocket from the Reagan Tax Cuts was short-lived because I faced five rent increases in five years and was priced out and had to move three times.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Incomes of $480,060 or more current rate 39.6%.. proposed rate 39.6%

Thats not a move...
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-tax-plan.html

Even the liberal NY Times says your wrong. Stop repeating Democratic propaganda of lies and YOU read it...
39.6 bracket moves from 480k to 1 million. Do you even read what you post, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies