Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And some people want the government in complete control of their healthcare.

"Oh, we forgot to note he was allergic to that medicine we gave him when he died in surgery."

Easy to disprove, it took me seconds.

UK rate of "avoidable death....... 3.5% US avoidable deaths....9.5%

Quote:

Last year British Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt described avoidable deaths in hospitals as the “biggest scandal in global healthcare”. It is estimated that 3.6 per cent of deaths in hospitals in England
That represented 9.5 per cent of the total number of annual deaths in the US.

The researchers stressed that most medical errors were not caused by bad doctors and reporting an error should not automatically result in punishment or legal action.

The third highest cause of death in the United States is mistakes by medical staff | The Independent

Remember these deaths are deaths that occur due to a whole slew of issues. not just error but poor practise and failures to communicate etc...
so it seems like you knee jerk made up "oh scary scary gov and healthcare is just BS and Made up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 10:20 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Can you honestly believe that if the Air Force had not dropped the ball, that these people would still be alive? This guy had an agenda and chances are, he would have just found another way to buy the firearms.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:22 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I like Florida's stance on it, If you commit domestic violence you are barred from ownership.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
There are many loopholes. Is that rule only for background checks when someone purchases? People can buy from an individual or a gunshow without background checks, right?

How about someone that commits domestic violence but already has a gun. Nobody comes to their home to take it away.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:25 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
This is why accuracy is so important in the white collar world. Accounting, database entry, and administrative mistakes can cause hours of wasted time and lost money, if they aren't found right away. In this case, it ended up causing people to die it looks like.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:29 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Nobody said that, did they?

You know exactly what I am talking about. Pass your fascist draconian neo-liberal totalitarian laws - I've no doubt the way this country is going, it's coming.

But GOOD LUCK rounding up all the firearms. I've got news for you: there are only a small number of law-abiding Americans who will willingly turn their firearms in, law or no law. So have fun with that.

"From my cold dead hands..."
Why round up all the guns when you can just cut off the supply of ammo. Within a few years there would be no ammo left and your guns would be useless.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:35 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There are many loopholes. Is that rule only for background checks when someone purchases? People can buy from an individual or a gunshow without background checks, right?

How about someone that commits domestic violence but already has a gun. Nobody comes to their home to take it away.
No you cannot. I have attended 10 gun shows this year so far. Guess what?! You need to have a background check performed 4473 filled out, and the seller has an internet connection at the Booth when selling firearms to perform NICS checks.

GUESS WHAT ELSE!? Theres local police and sheriffs deputies present at them! Oh my this gun show loophole lie needs to go down in flames as the biggest perpetuated lie ever.

Individual private sale, The few I have partaken in, I do a transfer in a gun store or pawn shop.
I pay for it. Im not buying a burner. Nor am I selling to a potential felon or anyone ineligible to own a fire arm. Its your risk if you want to sell without a back ground check. Its your risk if you want to buy without a background check. Your name was on the 4473 for that fire arm. You sell it without another 4473 transfer done, and someone else uses it in crime, it comes back on you.

BUT sleepy seems to think that gun traces currently do not work... because they currently are via paper... and not on the interwebs database that can be breached...

And as for confiscation of fire arms... Wasnt it... Oregon... That just passed a law where if you are SUSPECTED of being violent, without due process your firearms may be ceased?

That is a STATE law issue, not a federal law issue. It all depends on how the state handles firearm search and seizure...

Old 11-07-2017, 10:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Hmm what does a 4473 reveal sleepy?
https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Well every single 4473 form I have filled out, has my name my address and the serial number of the weapon purchased. I am going to be getting a UPIN number soon.

But a computerized system, one that can be breached is needed?
Oh indeed hand searching hundreds, or thousands of cardboard boxes is so much better. Social Security has your info too, maybe they should keep it all in cardboard boxes huh?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Why round up all the guns when you can just cut off the supply of ammo. Within a few years there would be no ammo left and your guns would be useless.
LOL you think so...

Can roll your own at home with house hold chemicals mixed in the right proportions, some copper from the hobby lobby or junk yard, a backyard foundry, and some old car batteries you can produce your own...

Old 11-07-2017, 10:38 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
That might work for some people but there will always be those who are obsessed with guns. They will get ammo from somewhere. It will drive the price up and the suppliers will become criminals, that's all.

These people need to get a grip. These men whose sense of masculinity is bolstered by owning a gun.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Oh indeed hand searching hundreds, or thousands of cardboard boxes is so much better. Social Security has your info too, maybe they should keep it all in cardboard boxes huh?
I'd stop paying into social security tomorrow and take back every penny I ever paid into it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies