Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 10:39 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
That might work for some people but there will always be those who are obsessed with guns. They will get ammo from somewhere. It will drive the price up and the suppliers will become criminals, that's all.

These people need to get a grip. These men whose sense of masculinity is bolstered by owning a gun.
Oh my... better tell the many women I competitively shoot with, that their masculinity is bolstered by owning a gun.

Doesn't it just suck to assume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Sounds pretty costly. I'm not sure I want to subsidized somebody else's treatment.
I think I would if it curtails mass killings, or any killings.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
No you cannot. I have attended 10 gun shows this year so far. Guess what?! You need to have a background check performed 4473 filled out, and the seller has an internet connection at the Booth when selling firearms to perform NICS checks.
GUESS WHAT ELSE!? Theres local police and sheriffs deputies present at them! Oh my this gun show loophole lie needs to go down in flames as the biggest perpetuated lie ever.
Individual private sale, The few I have partaken in, I do a transfer in a gun store or pawn shop.
I pay for it. Im not buying a burner. Nor am I selling to a potential felon or anyone ineligible to own a fire arm. Its your risk if you want to sell without a back ground check. Its your risk if you want to buy without a background check. Your name was on the 4473 for that fire arm. You sell it without another 4473 transfer done, and someone else uses it in crime, it comes back on you.
BUT sleepy seems to think that gun traces currently do not work... because they currently are via paper... and not on the interwebs database that can be breached...
And as for confiscation of fire arms... Wasnt it... Oregon... That just passed a law where if you are SUSPECTED of being violent, without due process your firearms may be ceased?
That is a STATE law issue, not a federal law issue. It all depends on how the state handles firearm search and seizure...
Wrong again my friend...

Unlicensed sellers can sell guns without background checks unless state law prohibits it, gun shows are full of unlicensed sellers, my husband use to rent a booth at the Reno gun shows.

Gun Show Background Checks State Laws

Old 11-07-2017, 10:47 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
These types of threads just go on and on - and no one listens to reason or the facts.

Lefties always say "why can't we politicize these shootings?" - my response is: there is nothing to politicize, since the 2nd Amendment isn't negotiable. That's why we remain steadfast. There is nothing to talk about. So deal with mental health and the media making these guys famous, because that is the only areas that really need addressing.

There are no compromises. I agree with a poster who said earlier, if law enforcement disarms, then I will disarm.
The 2nd Amendment is what it is. However, there is nothing in it, or SCOTUS decisions, that says magazine size can't be curtailed, is there?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Blame the air force, I guess.

Yes, this is a mistake, no doubt about it, but do any of you honestly believe this tragedy could have been prevented?

How many more people have the military neglected to report to the FBI because of administrative incompetence? Probably some, but Not as many as gun shows let out the door without even asking for ID

There is no single answer to this tragedy.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'd stop paying into social security tomorrow and take back every penny I ever paid into it too.
I think you missed my point. Social Security currently has all of your data in a computerized database, according to you we can't allow ATF to use computers for 4473 data because computers can be "breached". So why aren't you asoutraged about Social Security using computers?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The 2nd Amendment is what it is. However, there is nothing in it, or SCOTUS decisions, that says magazine size can't be curtailed, is there?
That's correct and SCOTUS has not overturned any of the state laws that restrict magazine capacity.
Large Capacity Magazines | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think you missed my point. Social Security currently has all of your data in a computerized database, according to you we can't allow ATF to use computers for 4473 data because computers can be "breached". So why aren't you asoutraged about Social Security using computers?
No you missed my point entirely.

I'm not opposed to the social security going stone-age. Its infallible that way. No risk of hackers getting information when its in paper format in cardboard boxed catalogs... Unless of course someone throws a lit cigarette in there... then... there's a problem. Or mice... Solution to both, keep the records in a vacuum sealed vault. That would solve degradation of records. Hacker proof. Fire Proof. Mouse proof.

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
its not a mistake. it was negligence. failure to do what is required to do. that's criminal negligence.

expect the air force to pay up. do I hear millions?

Old 11-07-2017, 11:00 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Why round up all the guns when you can just cut off the supply of ammo. Within a few years there would be no ammo left and your guns would be useless.
You don't know me, or many Americans like me. I'm not going to talk about what I do or do not have on a forum like this but let's just say I'm okay in that department.

And do you honestly think of the 100 million+ strong of us who have firearms, that we don't have the necessary means (ammo) to use them? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would you be fighting for?
What were the men who founded and started this country fighting for?

Did you know it came to light last week that our federal bureaucrats are getting paid by FOREIGN GOVERNMENT LOBBYISTS, in an effort to undermine us as American citizens?

Does that bother you...even a little?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies