Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Based on what you wrote, the CNN claim is accurate. You should not think it is misleading just because Breitbart says so.
i'm not crazy about the CNN headline but, agreed, in the OP's quote trump doesn't acknowledge the japanese cars that have been built in the US but instead singles out toyota and mazda who are going to invest in in new manufacturing. IIRC 80% of hondas sold in the US are built in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 10:39 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They just can't stick with the facts and tell the whole story. They are driven to find ways to make Trump look bad and their editors are good at doing that.
-------------------------
Left-wing CNN has been caught red-handed selectively-editing a Donald Trump quote as a means to make the president look foolish during his overseas trip to Japan.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning (here is the first), CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.” In order to justify its misleading headline, CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,” is the only part of what Trump said that CNN bothers to quote.

CNN then points and laughs at Trump’s ignorance with this deceptive fact check: “Japanese automakers, however, already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

But in order to mock the president, the fake news factory that is CNN misleads its readers by not quoting Trump in full, a quote which very clearly shows the president is not only fully aware of that fact that Japanese automakers make cars in America, but that he is grateful to them for doing so:

And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)

Very Fake News: CNN Selectively Edits Trump Quote on Japanese Auto Production In U.S.
Nobody is buying this FAKE "fake news" rubbish that you are selling here RoadKing.

CNN did not take Trump out of context, maybe YOU need to spend more time parsing before posting, because the only thing fake here is your attempt to pretend CNN is somehow misrepresenting Trumputin.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
What do you want CNN to do, ask hard questions about 16 years of war, the debt, the spending...

Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LMAO, are you that blind? You need to read what he said again. What CNN quoted was exactly what the imbecile said.
What CNN Reported:
“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,”

What Trump said:
And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)

Who Da Foo?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Based on what you wrote, the CNN claim is accurate. You should not think it is misleading just because Breitbart says so.
It is misleading.. Trump wants more production plants over here , not shipping them here.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LMAO, are you that blind? You need to read what he said again. What CNN quoted was exactly what the imbecile said.
No, it isn't. If you can't see the difference, who is the imbecile? Here, I'll help you.

CNN:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,”

Trump:

See the difference? Even your Trump hatred shouldn't blind you that much unless you are an imbecile.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is misleading.. Trump wants more production plants over here , not shipping them here.
He said what he said, and CNN reported it accurately. It is what it is. Not misleading at all.

Pretending to not understand does not make you look any smarter, and neither does constant whining about non-issues.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What do you want CNN to do, ask hard questions about 16 years of war, the debt, the spending...
I've watched Jake Tapper go after McConnell on the debt and sending, especially in light of the current proposed tax bill. He pushed hard and McConnell just pulled up his neck flap and garbled something about increased revenue from a booming economy.

You don't actually expect to get answers?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Nobody is buying this FAKE "fake news" rubbish that you are selling here RoadKing.

CNN did not take Trump out of context, maybe YOU need to spend more time parsing before posting, because the only thing fake here is your attempt to pretend CNN is somehow misrepresenting Trumputin.
CNN chose to select part of the statement to make Trump look bad. YOu may not understand because you are blinded by Trump hate. Just like CNN.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-06-2017, 10:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Imagine taking statements out of context. Nobody ever did that to Obama!

I agree that CNN should not stoop to the Fox/Breitbart method of reporting news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies