Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support stricter penalties for gun law violations?
Yes 54 88.52%
No 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Do you support stricter penalties for gun law violations?

Laws against using a gun to kill, injure, threaten etc. someone? Absolutely.

Laws against owning a gun? Carrying one in a non-threatening manner? Of course not.

"Non-threatening" to a normal person, that is. But not to the kind of paranoids we have lately been breeding, who go apoplectic at the mere sight of a gun. The most innocent carry, to them, is "threatening". Such hysterics are their own problem, not society's.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:35 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Do you support stricter penalties for gun law violations?

Laws against using a gun to kill, injure, threaten etc. someone? Absolutely.

Laws against owning a gun? Carrying one in a non-threatening manner? Of course not.

"Non-threatening" to a normal person, that is. But not to the kind of paranoids we have lately been breeding, who go apoplectic at the mere sight of a gun. The most innocent carry, to them, is "threatening". Such hysterics are their own problem, not society's.

Most often when I carry, I carry concealed. But on occasion I have carried open. Hear in Virginia it is perfectly legal to open carry.

The times that I opened carried were most often either going to the range, going to a friends house or family house that feels the same way as I do, not offended in the slightest at the sight of a gun on someone hip.

But I can tell you first hand if I had also gone to a quick stop at like a 7-Eleven or getting gas the vile looks that I have gotten for Carry a Gun Openly you would have thought that I had just killed a puppy or something equally as vile in their eyes.

I just continue about my business, but it is disturbing. The same people don't even blink when I would be carrying concealed. I know the key difference is they have no idea I was even carrying a gun in the first place.

How little did they know that the Angel of death with the most powerful death ray in existence was only a few feet from them; oh the horror's (sarcasm).

Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
I voted yes to the basic premise of your poll.

However I would add that any existing law that is not a violation of our constitutional rights.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:36 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
So it seems that most people, pro and anti gun rights support harsher punishments for gun violations

So why don't we increase the penalties for gun violations? What's preventing this if both sides seem to agree on this?
a bunch of pansy lawyers and judges that think putting people away for long periods of time might hurt the criminals feelings. too many times over the decades the states have been sued to reduce prison overcrowding, and many times the sentences that are reduced are violent criminals sentences. another way they try to prevent overcrowding of prisons is to have sentences run concurrently rather than consecutively.

i say if you commit a violent crime, the only way you leave the prison is in a casket.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:39 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a bunch of pansy lawyers and judges that think putting people away for long periods of time might hurt the criminals feelings. too many times over the decades the states have been sued to reduce prison overcrowding, and many times the sentences that are reduced are violent criminals sentences. another way they try to prevent overcrowding of prisons is to have sentences run concurrently rather than consecutively.

i say if you commit a violent crime, the only way you leave the prison is in a casket.

I would not dis-agree with this. I think prison is something that should be feared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies