Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times

Advertisements

Sweet baby Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 08:48 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
There was an interesting discussion about this on one the big sports talk radio stations in NYC this afternoon. I got the sense this issue isn't going away.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There was an interesting discussion about this on one the big sports talk radio stations in NYC this afternoon. I got the sense this issue isn't going away.
These things tend to take on a life of their own. It has all the ingredients of being a real problem. White/black race implications etc.. This entire football season has been a crap show.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:03 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
The Raiders got 32 yards rushing on 13 carries in that game. Did the O line not block for the RBs too?

Old 11-24-2017, 11:56 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,216 times
After the Saints Bounty Hunt Scandal, what players in their right mind would do this? At the moment, One should call this 'far-fetched'......!

Old 11-24-2017, 12:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,595,334 times
Seems like a legit charge to me.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just did quick research - because it sounds far fetched to me, but someone actually made the claim...

NFL Player's Wife Says O-Line Let QB David Carr Get Hurt Over Anthem Protests, Raider Fires Back

Now, Miko Grimes, the wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes, is saying that the offensive line actually allowed Broncos players to sack their quarterback and ultimately injure him because he didn't agree with the national anthem protests.

Grimes said:

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured is because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured.

Because he was against them protesting. And they had a fight in the locker room before that Monday night game with the Redskins. ...

They were fighting in the locker room, and that’s the only all-black offensive line in the NFL is the Raiders. ...

Derek Carr is a Bible thumper to the fullest. And so he was basically trying to force the players to read the Bible before the game and do all this stuff, and they were like, ‘No, that’s you.’

And so he was so upset about it, when the whole offensive line said they were going to kneel, he was like, ‘No, you’re not kneeling. No. No. This is America, you’re going to stand for the flag.’ And they got in a fight in the locker room, so when they came out to play, they basically had a plan.”

The underlined I don't believe because Carr has been there for awhile and had success. I can't see him doing that out of the blue.

One of the offensive lineman claimed it was BS.

So the OP's article is not false since there is a claim and a response - for those of you who love to be armchair Snopes personnel

NBC Sports has the story as well...
The Broncos game was the next one after the Redskin game which is what the OP posted.

Carr threw 18 passes and got sacked twice. The backup, who is black, threw 17 passes and got sacked once.
The run game sucked in the Broncos game too. 15 carries for 24 yards so I'll repeat the same question I asked as it pertained to the Redskin game. Did the O line fail to block for the black RBs for the same reason?

Old 11-24-2017, 12:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,595,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The Broncos game was the next one after the Redskin game which is what the OP posted.

Carr threw 18 passes and got sacked twice. The backup, who is black, threw 17 passes and got sacked once.
The run game sucked in the Broncos game too. 15 carries for 24 yards so I'll repeat the same question I asked as it pertained to the Redskin game. Did the O line fail to block for the black RBs for the same reason?
Given gang culture's love of the Raiders, and given that there are NFL players with gang ties, I wonder if they intentionally threw the game for the sake of some sort of gang run sports gambling operation?

Old 11-24-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Given gang culture's love of the Raiders, and given that there are NFL players with gang ties, I wonder if they intentionally threw the game for the sake of some sort of gang run sports gambling operation?
Why that has to be it. and

Old 11-24-2017, 01:16 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just did quick research - because it sounds far fetched to me, but someone actually made the claim...

NFL Player's Wife Says O-Line Let QB David Carr Get Hurt Over Anthem Protests, Raider Fires Back

Now, Miko Grimes, the wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes, is saying that the offensive line actually allowed Broncos players to sack their quarterback and ultimately injure him because he didn't agree with the national anthem protests.

Grimes said:

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured is because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured.

Because he was against them protesting. And they had a fight in the locker room before that Monday night game with the Redskins. ...

They were fighting in the locker room, and that’s the only all-black offensive line in the NFL is the Raiders. ...

Derek Carr is a Bible thumper to the fullest. And so he was basically trying to force the players to read the Bible before the game and do all this stuff, and they were like, ‘No, that’s you.’

And so he was so upset about it, when the whole offensive line said they were going to kneel, he was like, ‘No, you’re not kneeling. No. No. This is America, you’re going to stand for the flag.’ And they got in a fight in the locker room, so when they came out to play, they basically had a plan.”
The underlined I don't believe because Carr has been there for awhile and had success. I can't see him doing that out of the blue.

One of the offensive lineman claimed it was BS.

So the OP's article is not false since there is a claim and a response - for those of you who love to be armchair Snopes personnel

NBC Sports has the story as well...

As a fan of the NFL for 40 years -- I can't see that this happened. Players are graded every week on their game performance -- miss a few too many blocks and they find themselves on the unemployment line. The NFL has little to no racism -- it's strictly about getting the job done and winning. Our society could take a page from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies