Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 05:07 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,773,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
She's 88 years old. Do you think there is even the slightest chance that maybe she isn't the crazy one, being that, you know, she's actually old enough to have lived in Nazi Germany and seen it with her own two eyes? The rest of us 30 and 40 somethings are merely blowharding about what we've been told by other people or read in books or seen on TV. Me personally, I don't believe anything that anybody tells me these days but you have to admit there probably aren't too many people left alive in Germany who have first hand accounts of those days, and the ones who had the nerve to say things that didn't jive with the popular narrative would be pretty easy to lock them up and call them crazy wouldn't it?
Most earlier evidence of the Holocaust was from the Soviet Union. I don't think they fabricated the whole thing, but some details may need more research.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,603,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Most earlier evidence of the Holocaust was from the Soviet Union. I don't think they fabricated the whole thing, but some details may need more research.
thank you. i finally found somebody who can think for themselves around here.

because the russians are known for telling the truth about everything 100% of the time right?

Old 11-11-2017, 05:15 PM

5,116 posts, read 2,060,788 times
Quote:
Now then you mentionned it, I spotted that video on Youtube titled "Did Stalin and the Holodomor influence Hitler and the Holocaust?" There still missing pieces in the puzzle however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-IruTHE4Ew

Old 11-11-2017, 11:08 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Are you Jewish?
I think the only proper answer to that would be a TOS violation.

Quote:
Also, are you prone to believing anything and everything you've ever seen on TV or read in a history book?
Nope.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:11 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Most earlier evidence of the Holocaust was from the Soviet Union.
Nonsense.

Quote:
I don't think they fabricated the whole thing
How remarkably open-minded.

Quote:
but some details may need more research.
It's being continuously researched. It's one of the best researched and best documented events of the 20th century.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:20 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,211,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
Ursula Haverbeck: 88-year-old Holocaust denier given six-month prison sentence | The Independent

No matter what you think about her, isn't this really excessive?
No. Not in Germany. The Germans are extremely sorry and embarrassed for what happened during Hitler's regime. They don't want to forget the past or have it buried by deniers.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nonsense.

How remarkably open-minded.

It's being continuously researched. It's one of the best researched and best documented events of the 20th century.
Obviously history is not your strength.

No the Holocaust is not well studied at all. In Germany it's illegal to deny it, so basically it's impossible to carry a real research. In the US...Good luck if you can get funding unless your stance is already clear before studying.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:48 PM

21,904 posts, read 25,225,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
Ursula Haverbeck: 88-year-old Holocaust denier given six-month prison sentence | The Independent

No matter what you think about her, isn't this really excessive?
No. The law is pretty clear in Germany. She violated the law and should be sentenced just like anyone else would be for it. I don't agree with the law but Germany doesn't have the same beliefs we do in regards to freedom of speech.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
No. The law is pretty clear in Germany. She violated the law and should be sentenced just like anyone else would be for it. I don't agree with the law but Germany doesn't have the same beliefs we do in regards to freedom of speech.
I agree with you. But I hope people don't use double standards for Russia, China, and even North Korea.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:07 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,281,531 times
And if Germany did not have this law I bet everyone here would be saying "Oh, of course, the Germans are still Nazis so they just let that old lady say what they all secretly believe in but are afraid to admit". Seems like they are doomed either way. No country is perfect and no country is totally "free" except perhaps lawless countries like Somalia where you can really do what you want without any repercussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies