Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 10:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Out of all the "me, too" allegations coming out, this one I don't believe. First, he emphatically denies it (unlike most of the other men).
I'm not making this statement to confirm nor deny the current allegations because I clearly dont know..

However..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs

just saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,889 posts, read 18,195,824 times
So reading the article, he denies exposing himself to her but doesn't deny kissing her, and thought the attraction was mutual.

How's a guy supposed to know - honestly - if it's unwanted if she doesn't clearly state she doesn't want to be touched?

It doesn't appear he had a position of authority over her - it appears they were equals in their professional relationship.

If you don't want the man kissing you, for God's sake tell him don't kiss me.

???

Old 11-11-2017, 11:24 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,710,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
actually i have said that. in the thread about kevin spacey, that was one of my problems with that whole thing at the beginning. he was being skewered due to an accusation. i know that i have not been the only one to have a problem with an accusation tearing someone down without proof. i have seen others say that here too.

that has been one of my big problems with all of this. it seems like all you have to do is make an accusation now and that person is ruined. i agree, it feels like it is turning into a witch hunt. i hope this richard dreyfus thing is not true. i hope we don't start to hear more bad about him from others. i hope it's not true.

i was saying kevin was being unfairly judged and accused just automatically without proof and he was losing an emmy and his show filming was put on hold because of an accusation. the sad part is it turned out to be true about him.

i hope this isn't true about richard. it is crazy what's going on now. but it is also a good thing that the people who really have abused or assaulted are being called out. i don't want an innocent person to go down though. this is all crazy.

Exactly, seems to be lost on some.

If you remember the McMartin School here in CA from the 1980s. The family ran a day care and were accused of molesting children. Turned out not to be true but they lost their business, did time in jail, and one committed suicide.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Red scare? You mean there weren't Communist spies infiltraiting our country in the 50s stealing our technology?

Back on Topic. If he really did it he should pay the price.
Google is your friend, educate yourself.

Yes, there were "commies" in the country, but many were falsely accused and lost their careers over it.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Fellas, stop trying to write off this kind of behavior because it simply isn't acceptable. How hard is it simply to go to work everyday to do your job without whipping your penis out and telling all of the females around you you want to f*ck them? It's just flat out weird. There's no excuse for it. Just go to work and do your job without being a scummy pervert. How many of you have daughters and how'd you feel if a teacher started whacking off in front of them or their boss at work said sexually degrading things to your daughter?
I don't know what kind of jobs you have held, but I think most on here would say if someone did that at their place of employment they would terminated and maybe arrested.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:05 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,638,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sad to think that Dreyfuss could be as much of a disgusting scumbag as Bill Clinton.
Bill Clinton never did anything like the "me, too" allegations. He had a fling with the intern, and had had a couple of affairs before then. Nothing at all like the "me,too" allegations going around, about people in powerful positions trying to force people w/o power who rely on them for their income, to do sexual things.

Bush Sr. had had an affair. And Bush Sr. is being alleged right now to have groped a woman, though.

Trump had a number of women come forward with allegations of molestation against Trump. People still voted for the molester to be President, of all things.

Some people just don't care about abuse of power, molestation, or things of that sort. David Vitter, a Washington rep from Louisiana, was actually re-elected after it was revealed he'd been going to prostitutes and having kinky fetish times, including HIM wearing diapers. He had run on a "family values" platform, no less. The Republicans re-elected him.

So there you go.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not making this statement to confirm nor deny the current allegations because I clearly dont know..

However..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs

just saying
I don't get your attempt at a comparison. What's your point?

Clinton had had a fling with an intern (an adult intern who had actually instigated the affair). Not at all like the "me, too" allegations going around about all these powerful people.

Most married people have flings, like Clinton did. Granted, they usually don't involve cigars and being ridiculously prosecuted for such a thing (at a taxpayer cost of millions of dollars). But having affairs...most married people do. Including women. That has nothing to do with the "me, too" allegations.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:13 PM

The allegations against Dreyfus don't seem true to me. She wasn't an employee and didn't rely on the job for her sole source of income. She was a freelance writer. The "me, too" allegations requires that a person in power tries to get one w/o power, and in whose control the powerless one is, and the powerless one needs the one in power for the person's career/income.

It makes no sense that he would do something THAT egregious, and yet she'd go back and back and back, for SEVERAL YEARS, working with him. Nope. Didn't happen.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:11 PM

20,866 posts, read 8,686,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Most married people have flings, like Clinton did. But having affairs...most married people do.
Are you confessing?

Old 11-12-2017, 01:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,678,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, seems to be lost on some.

If you remember the McMartin School here in CA from the 1980s. The family ran a day care and were accused of molesting children. Turned out not to be true but they lost their business, did time in jail, and one committed suicide.
Or more recently Operation Yewtree in Britain, which has produced a flurry of lawsuits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies