Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 07:51 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
They are going to invest in their company but most of these corporations are already well off with cash on hand. The more cash they have, the more appealing they are for stockholders

All in all this won’t effect the average American. There won’t be an influx of cash and jobs in the economy. That’s the point people are making with the tax reform. We are assuming wrong that companies will do the right thing. They won’t because the stock market is all they care about
You are right, but when that is pointed out the Trump worshippers accuse rational folk of beings leftists as if all of trumps policies are good and if you disagree you must be a flaming liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You are right, but when that is pointed out the Trump worshippers accuse rational folk of beings leftists as if all of trumps policies are good and if you disagree you must be a flaming liberal.
Capitalism

Old 11-15-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
poor babies. Anyone I know bringing in that type of money a year is considered high income earners..

Nice to see you defend "the rich"...
Well I'm glad you consider 200k rich, after paying taxes, sending kids to college, etc that's not rich.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Leftists are economically illiterate unless it has the phrase "tax the rich" in the wording.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:04 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
poor babies. Anyone I know bringing in that type of money a year is considered high income earners..

Nice to see you defend "the rich"...
I wouldn't complain with that income and that's for sure. I do ok, but not 200k.
I also don't begrudge those who do make the money. Im not in their wallet or demanding they get hammered with excessive taxes.
Before I look at tax increases I want an audit of every government agency. Our Fed is hemorrhaging cash in wasteful spending. The carelessness of it is what is so appalling. 40 million on a gas station in Afghanistan .
I know chump change.

One of my favorite examples.
State Department Waste: Booze, Crystal, and a Million-Dollar Stack of Rocks

Until we get some accountability we are over taxed.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I wouldn't complain with that income and that's for sure. I do ok, but not 200k.
I also don't begrudge those who do make the money. Im not in their wallet or demanding they get hammered with excessive taxes.
Before I look at tax increases I want an audit of every government agency. Our Fed is hemorrhaging cash in wasteful spending. The carelessness of it is what is so appalling. 40 million on a gas station in Afghanistan .
I know chump change.

One of my favorite examples.
State Department Waste: Booze, Crystal, and a Million-Dollar Stack of Rocks

Until we get some accountability we are over taxed.
I can agree wiTh a fed audit. My issue is they are giving corps such a large tax cut and it's permanent, meanwhile folks who have w-2 wages are not getting much and in some cases such as mine, we are getting an increase. If they want to give corps and large estates a huge cut, then call it that, but don't go around lying about how this is good for everyone and all these jobs will be created and wages increased because it's not true.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Paying down debt is a good thing, the same with stock bi back

Old 11-15-2017, 08:21 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
The horrors, they plan to pay down debt, we cant have that....
I got no problem with paying down debt. They want to buy stock back as they don't want to be public anymore and have the SEC along with a number of other organizations watching them. So they can do as they please.

As a small business owner, you cut my taxes, I will be honest, It'll go right into my pocket. Don't need anymore employees, can get legit independent contractors (other businesses) and 1099. IF I need anyone.

What has been shoved down our throats since Reaganomics is that they wiill expand and add jobs if taxes are cut and they'll bring money back.

The trickle down is actually P*$$*ng on my boots and telling me its raining.

Yes Hesychios is correct. That should be our focus, paying down our national debt.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Paying down debt is a good thing, the same with stock bi back
Paying down corporate debt by increasing the national debt is not a good thing.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Look at all the economically ignorant Leftist posters here commenting on something they know nothing about and citing Washington Post, which is neither unbiased or are economics experts.

Whether they pay down debt or buy stocks back, ultimately that is money that is put back into the economy. For example, if you pay off your mortgage, the bank getting that mortgage money from you now has more money to then loan out more money to someone else. Money doesn’t just vanish, it gets recycled and that’s good for the economy.

This is even more reason to disregard the know-nothing Leftist-liberal snowflakes who only know how to spend daddy’s money.
Boy, you seem so angry.

Anyway, nobody said that stock buybacks cause money to disappear. Everyone knows stock buybacks go to shareholders. That's just not a smart policy to encourage with the tax code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies