Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:09 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times

Advertisements

and Pandora is pissed."

Observation from an interview that happened a week ago but broadcast today on the CBS Morning Show.

I acknowledge that this will cause some men to hesitate to be alone with women but frankly in this era of homosexual relationships gender should not be determinative. Men, and women, who keep their hands to themselves and do not use intimate behavior as an exercise of power have nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 06:14 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,654,175 times
Default What is good for the goose.....

While not as common, women also can be aggressive and behave in similar fashion. All this feels like flavor of the month to me. "Why oh why" did we pick now to begin the inquisition?

Old 11-21-2017, 06:16 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Most men will be fine and I bet this entire "pandora's box" as you claim it to be will actually strengthen interpersonal relationships between the genders. That said, I can envision an immediate future where everything is recorded and perhaps everyone wears masks and asexual clothing in common meeting areas.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
I'm had males parts which worked for over 50 years and never forced myself on a woman at work. In other (social) situations I may have tried hard.....but never violently and never ending up against the will of the woman in question.

And yet my life doesn't feel empty. If I can do it, I'll bet other gentlemen can.

But power and money corrupt. I won't deny that. I once was in a semi-famous position and a "groupie" definitely wanted to "conquer" me. We had a great time but never so much as a kiss. It was hard to do...I'll admit that. If I was in a position where that stuff happened regularly, I think it would be impossible. But it wouldn't be me making it happen - it would be the women, which I guess makes it consensual.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
As a boss you would have to be insane to confront a female subordinate without another boss, preferably also female in the room. Unless you have millions stashed away the risk is far to high. Companies to protect themselves are more than happy to allow you to take a fall regardless of wrong doing. It's cheaper than a lawsuit.
Thats also why many make it policy. No one on one confrontations between a male boss and a female subordinate.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:23 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
people got mad when the VP said he will not dine alone with a woman without his wife. People really got ****. but he looking pretty good right now

Old 11-21-2017, 06:51 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Most men will be fine and I bet this entire "pandora's box" as you claim it to be will actually strengthen interpersonal relationships between the genders. That said, I can envision an immediate future where everything is recorded and perhaps everyone wears masks and asexual clothing in common meeting areas.
You envision an asexual, dystopian near future yet claim this will strengthen relationships? Bizarre.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm had males parts which worked for over 50 years and never forced myself on a woman at work. In other (social) situations I may have tried hard.....but never violently and never ending up against the will of the woman in question.
You understand that such efforts could now be labeled harassment?

Quote:
And yet my life doesn't feel empty. If I can do it, I'll bet other gentlemen can.
Virtue signalling won't help you. You're in the same suspect boat with all the other guys.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:23 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Before I retired, I installed floorcovering for 40 years. I am just an average looking guy and happily married for 34 years, but I have had women answer the door half dressed, several times. One offered me sex instead of the money she owed me. One walked nude through the house. A teen age girl stepped over me when I was working on a bathroom floor and dropped her clothes and went to the bathroom, there was another bathroom in the house. This stuff happened 2-3 times a year. So it is not just the guys being inappropriate.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
If people of both genders treated the other respectfully without regard to relative 'power' this behavior would not be an issue. As the issues with Franken have shown offensive behavior can happen in a public setting. 'Goofing off', even in public, can be inappropriate.

At my former employer's offices all had interior windows. It never occurred to me that it was to protect against sexual harassment. I suppose an employee could have been pressured to 'meetup' outside the office. There was a large undeveloped parcel of land nearby where our attorneys heard that a hotel was planned. About half the workforce were young singles so there were concerns in HR. Next thing I knew that parcel was not available for development. Don't know how that happened but good work corporate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies