Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:19 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trickle down.....the economic saviour of the left since 2008.
And YOUR alternative is?
ANY economic system involves some degree of "trickle down". The key is to find a balance between the folks on the top and those on the bottom that is not too extreme.
So again, what is YOUR alternative?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 12:31 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Yes, the Fed printed Trillions of dollars and the rich thrived while the poor fell further behind. If you find that as successful, he did a bang up job.

I also thought "trickle down" was looked down on?
Brought about by the Republican-controlled Congress who dominated Obama's time in office from 2010 onwards and who controlled the country's purse strings!

Old 11-26-2017, 12:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And YOUR alternative is?
ANY economic system involves some degree of "trickle down". The key is to find a balance between the folks on the top and those on the bottom that is not too extreme.
So again, what is YOUR alternative?

Ken
Anything other than what we did that overwhelmingly went to the top. A system that holds accountable those who got us into the messes to start with. Not having a Jobs Czar that was one of the largest exporters of jobs.

How about all of the things Candidate Obama promised but President Obama never followed up on?

If you prefer, you can continue to ignore that the principled left is abandoning the (D)'s.

The only people that prospered under Obama were the rich, especially those that profit off war.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:38 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I hate Trump. He has been a disgrace for the country and has made the country a laughingstock. Too bad for the country and the ignorance of the voters. They surely got it wrong this time. Sorry no redo....

Old 11-26-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Brought about by the Republican-controlled Congress who dominated Obama's time in office from 2010 onwards and who controlled the country's purse strings!
The Republican's did not stop Obama from living up to his promises on Lobbyists. The Republican's did not stop Obama from prosecuting the bankers like he promised. The Republicans did not force Obama to nominate financial *****'s like Timmy Geithner and Ben Bernanke. The Republicans did not force Obama to stay in the useless wars and expand on them.

The Republican's did not force Obama to appoint one of the largest jobs exporters as his jobs czar. Obama was too cowardly on his own to take on the Pharmaceutical and Insurance industries. $$$$ meant more to him and in the end, no amount of money would have elected Hillary.

Obama was everything the "left" condemned in others.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Anything other than what we did that overwhelmingly went to the top. A system that holds accountable those who got us into the messes to start with. Not having a Jobs Czar that was one of the largest exporters of jobs.

How about all of the things Candidate Obama promised but President Obama never followed up on?

If you prefer, you can continue to ignore that the principled left is abandoning the (D)'s.

The only people that prospered under Obama were the rich, especially those that profit off war.
You didn't answer the question - what is YOUR solution?
As for your claim that "only the rich" prospered under Obama - that is utter nonsense I know PLENTY of people - including family members - who have done quite well since the Great Recession. and they are NOT "rich". ANYONE who managed to hold on to their jobs through the Great Recession (meaning MOST American workers) and had the sense to put ANY money in the stock market has likely done pretty well in regard to their 401K and other retirement accounts (roughly HALF of American workers fall in that category). Those people are NOT "rich".
Has everyone prospered? Of course not. The Great Recession was HUGE and left a LOT of residual problems.
The bigger issue is that the twin trends of automation and globalization (neither of which can be stopped) is digging away at the job market. These are trends far bigger than any single President or any single country.

As far as what Obama didn't "follow up on" - so? It's just not possible for ANY President to take care of everything he/she wants to - that's just a fact. He had more than enough on his plate to keep him busy.

So again, what is YOUR solution?
Don't have one eh?
That's what I thought.

Ken

Old 11-26-2017, 12:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:

Same question goes for you where are all those promised Trump made and isn't keeping? He's just as much in this for the money just like any other politician is. There is always money to be made in war which is why we're in so many of them now. And the only people that will profit under Trump will be the rich.

Once again no difference only what you choose not to see and ignore.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The Republican's did not stop Obama from living up to his promises on Lobbyists. The Republican's did not stop Obama from prosecuting the bankers like he promised. The Republicans did not force Obama to nominate financial *****'s like Timmy Geithner and Ben Bernanke. The Republicans did not force Obama to stay in the useless wars and expand on them.

The Republican's did not force Obama to appoint one of the largest jobs exporters as his jobs czar. Obama was too cowardly on his own to take on the Pharmaceutical and Insurance industries. $$$$ meant more to him and in the end, no amount of money would have elected Hillary.

Obama was everything the "left" condemned in others.
Maybe this is NEWS to you, but the PRESIDENT is NOT the KING. He does NOT have infinite power or infinite time. He also has to have the cooperation of Congress since he does't MAKE the LAWS, and as Trump is finding out, he can't simply CHARGE people with crimes because he wants to. He has to work within the existing legal system. Likewise it's a LOT easier to get INTO wars than it is to GET OUT of wars. Every nation in history that has EVER gone to war has learned that the hard way. That's why you should try like heck to AVOID war in the 1st place.
Sounds to me like you don't want a PRESIDENT, you want a KING.

Ken

Old 11-26-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You didn't answer the question - what is YOUR solution?
I started with my first solution. You didn't address it so why would I want to continue with other things you would ignore?

The first thing I would have done is brought charges against those who broke our financial laws, and yes there were plenty.

Timmy Geithner said we couldn't do that as it would be bad for the markets. Complete and total bull.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Same question goes for you where are all those promised Trump made and isn't keeping? He's just as much in this for the money just like any other politician is. There is always money to be made in war which is why we're in so many of them now. And the only people that will profit under Trump will be the rich.

Once again no difference only what you choose not to see and ignore.
I DO NOT expect Trump to do the right thing. I am under NO obligation to defend anything he does. I expect those who say the things I want done and expect my vote to do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies