Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 04:51 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was an incredibly stupid thing to say. If you go back to this morning I said that if I was Trump's lawyer I would tell him in NO uncertain terms DO NOT discuss this.

I noted that if anything gets Trump his inability to shut up will.
Yep.

Quote:
I said he did NOTHING wrong in talking to the Russians. This makes things more complicated. I do not know the exact dates of official investigations but he should have shut up.

It's a no brainier. You do NOT discuss an investigation in the middle of the investigation.
Yep.......but Trump doesn't like being told what to do, and that is likely one of the reasons he likely doesn't listen at times when he should be listening very carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 04:51 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,698,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Ah, saying Trump supporters will believe anything Trump throws out there or that they need contort the evidence to justify their their position is not calling anyone names. You are the one bringing up the term "deplorables".
You have no idea what 10s millions of other people are thinking.

i.e. Hillary Clinton's Deplorable argument. Didn't work for her either.

So far, the only thing proved, is that Trump is innocent.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:52 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,980,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You have no idea what 10s millions of other people are thinking.

i.e. Hillary Clinton's Deplorable argument. Didn't work for her either.

So far, the only thing proved, is that Trump is innocent.
Look at you arguing against the point that no one is making. Let’s talk about your man’s confession.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:04 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,481,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
That story says that the lawyer authored it, it does not say that he delivered it. I’m sure Twitter has a record of exactly which device sent that tweet. Are we really at the stage of saying the president didn’t say that because his speechwriter wrote it?
We are at that stage. Trump and his cronies are desperate now. That tweet was a mistake and now his attorney is trying to clean up his mess.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:11 PM

5,798 posts, read 5,121,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Take a deep breath--it would appear that this is just a case of a poorly worded statement, which is not unusual for President Trump. He was not elected for his perfect elocution.

Flynn was fired in Feb, less than 1 month into the new admin. We do not know the date(s) when he was interviewed by the FBI, but it seems likely that it was after he was fired. Even if it was before, it is not likely that Trump would have known about it. After Flynn left the admin, Sean Spicer said that it was due to an erosion of trust, not because laws were broken.

What Trump should have said was something like "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President, and now he has pled guilty to lying to the FBI.
You know, for anyone else, that would have ended the whole show. But for this cheetos, people will find excuses to pardon his clear self admission. How are we a country of law when certain people are given excuses after excuses to be exempted from the law?

Old 12-02-2017, 05:11 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,481,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Save his hide?

Nothing has been proved against Trump.

In fact, Trump is already coming out of this smelling like a rose.
I hate to burst your bubble but Trump is in serious trouble.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,350,779 times
These records can be subpoenaed. The GPS location of the attorney’s phone when this was tweeted. The GPS location of the president’s phone when this was tweeted. Witness to the whereabouts of the attorney in question and the president. If the president tweeted, using his own account, a draft written by his attorney knowing that the draft contained false information about him, then he is too dumb to breathe, let alone perform executive duties of POTUS.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Trying to spin this won't work...
Actually it will. That's what I pointed out earlier in this thread and the fact is libs helped make it possible.

Trump is a walking contradiction of ineptness. Libs agree and have pounded that for 18 months.

I honestly think Trump just added that in about the FBI as a summation of the entire situation. He's that unpolished, isn't he?

This is why defeating him was so difficult (and didn't happen either in the primary or general). It's why taking him down since he assumed power has been so difficult. It's his whole persona/shtick. This guy has found a loophole in how to function within the political system.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:15 PM

6,741 posts, read 4,431,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
where are Trump's defenders ? I really don't see how they can spin this as anything other than Trump is a dope who just roped himself.
They run and hide. They have too much invested in Trump, to admit he is nuts and made a bad mistake voting him in.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:16 PM

5,798 posts, read 5,121,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You, and everyone else who is jumping with joy at this revelation, need to look up what legally constitutes obstruction of justice. Trump is a buffoon, but being a buffoon and saying self incriminating things outside of the context of a legal proceeding does not necessarily constitute obstruction of justice. Unfortunately, it is highly likely that the only outcome of this will be a bunch of boring blustering and pontification from the Democrats.
Yes for a sap on judge Judy, any slip up inconsistency will result in a loss. But for this buffoon, slip ups and lies just get him more excuses. I’ve lost faith in American civic law and order. We are nothing but a scam of a country with no real laws for the elite. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies