Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 12:12 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I will answer your question.
Their brain cells are to fried to comprehend anything that makes sense.
Such a lazy answer, from a lazy mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 02:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Christian Sharia Law. That’s where we’re headed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It does not seem to have anything to do with Christianity. Churches are not asking for this, and Trump does not even claim to be a Christian. This is simply him being an authoritarian.
finn is right, this has nothing to do with christianity, nor any form of sharia law. this isnt even about trump wanting to be an authoritarian, but rather sessions wanting to uphold federal law, like he should as attorney general.

congress put MJ on the schedule one list of drugs, and it ill take an act of congress to remove it from the list as well.

obama did a lot of things that were unconstitutional with his use of executive orders, and trump reversed a lot of what obama did. so far as i can tell trump has not done anything illegal or unconstitutional with his use of executive orders, and has basically put the ball back into congress's court. its time congress starting doing the things congress is supposed to do, and top the childish games of obstruction based solely on party politics.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:16 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Obama wasn't a good president because he didn't remove it from the schedule one list of drugs. Why these democrat politicians are so afraid to touch this one is beyond me. A band aid is not the same thing as getting something productive done, which he didn't.

Had Hillary said she would have legalized it her first 100 days she'd be president right now. Instead she campaigned more like a republican on that particular issue. Her loss.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:01 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Obama wasn't a good president because he didn't remove it from the schedule one list of drugs. Why these democrat politicians are so afraid to touch this one is beyond me. A band aid is not the same thing as getting something productive done, which he didn't.

Had Hillary said she would have legalized it her first 100 days she'd be president right now. Instead she campaigned more like a republican on that particular issue. Her loss.
Why is the answer to your question beyond you? I have spouted it many times, and will continue to do so: Money. Corrupt Money. Always Follow The Money.

That is why the democrats won't touch it regardless of what their constituents want.
That is why the DEA won't reschedule it.
That is why your calls, letters, and emails won't help.
That is why this battle has been fought for decades with little progress until social media came along.
That is why there is no way Hillary would have been able to legalize it in her first 100 days, even if she had promised it (which she would never have anyway).

That is why a plant that could never cause all the damage the war against it is causing has been so demonized for 80 years.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Actually a crack-down may just be the way MJ finally gets dealt with. Maybe a few raids that will obviously be high profile might just be the thing that gets congress's attention IF enough of the population protest and put pressure on them to do something.

It has to be a large cross section of society, not just the potheads and the usual pro-pot crowd, no, it must include run of the mill people who aren't in the business or users themselves.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually a crack-down may just be the way MJ finally gets dealt with. Maybe a few raids that will obviously be high profile might just be the thing that gets congress's attention IF enough of the population protest and put pressure on them to do something.

It has to be a large cross section of society, not just the potheads and the usual pro-pot crowd, no, it must include run of the mill people who aren't in the business or users themselves.
So, in other words, let's keep throwing people under the bus for as long as it takes to get the law changed.

What is wrong with this picture?

Those hapless folks will get slapped with maximum federal sentences, and the feds don't do paroles.

There must be a better way.

The "hands off" approach the Cole memos created was working well. It allowed the legal states to demonstrate to the world that legalization doesn't mean social or financial ruin in those states. It helped minimize the harm prohibition is causing while allowing a fledgling industry to get its feet underneath it. It allowed the lawmakers the continued harvesting of their booty from the lobbyists.

Even though I am a conservative, that doesn't prevent me from recognizing an Obama-era compromise that was working.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
CO Senator Cory Gardiner has placed holds on DOJ nominees in response to Sessions' announcement.

I have to admit that I am very pleasantly surprised since Gardner has been little more than a cypher since he was elected and that bipartisanship is still possible.

"Colorado’s congressional delegation is pushing back against the decision from U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions last week that dismantled the framework used by states to move forward with sales of state-legalized marijuana.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colorado) now has a hold in place on all nominees for positions in Sessions’ Justice Department and plans to meet with the AG at the Justice Department on Wednesday morning."

Further (from the link), "Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) is seeking to defund any federal law enforcement action against state-regulated recreational marijuana as part of the funding bill pending in Congress."

9news.com | Pot pushback: Gardner holds up DOJ nominees

Old 01-09-2018, 11:41 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
It does not seem to have anything to do with Christianity. Churches are not asking for this, and Trump does not even claim to be a Christian. This is simply him being an authoritarian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Oh, Right! If Obama didn't want to enforce a law he simply told everyone to ignore it. Pot, immigration, voter intimidation, terrorism. whatever.
But Trump is so much of an "authoritarian" that he feels compelled to obey every law.

WTH is WRONG with you people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I will answer your question.
Their brain cells are to fried to comprehend anything that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Such a lazy answer, from a lazy mind.
Nope, my brain is fresh and functioning at 100%
You must think I smoke pot to say I have a lazy mind.
Well, I don’t dope up my brain FYI.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Maybe they'll put the pot-shops out of business, then legalize it and hand it over to big-tobacco. If GOP was ever to legalize it, that would be the way they'd handle it.

However, everything indicates the opposite is going to happen, and we are going back to full ban.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe they'll put the pot-shops out of business, then legalize it and hand it over to big-tobacco. If GOP was ever to legalize it, that would be the way they'd handle it.

However, everything indicates the opposite is going to happen, and we are going back to full ban.
LOL!

Hardly. That is just wishful thinking on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies