Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 03:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

It's interesting to note that "fetus" is just a medical term for a human being still in the womb, and is called a "fetus" right up until live birth, when suddenly it is a human baby! What changed?

We know that while in the womb a "fetus" will suck it's thumb, play with it's toes, and do many things that a newborn baby will do. We know that it responds in other ways to outside stimulation, and we know that during an abortion it fights in defense of it's life. To me, that is very significant.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Her body, her choice. End of.
No it isn't the "end of [discussion]" because it is not her body that is being aborted. It is another body, with it's own blood (and likely of a different type), it's own DNA and is completely separate flesh. The only connection to the mother is through the umbilical cord which provides oxygen and nutrition.

The "fetus" has brain waves, a heartbeat, and moves and kicks it's feet much like the newborn infant does. And it also will suck it's thumb.

Her "choice" ended with the decision to have sex. That was when she made her choice.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No it isn't the "end of [discussion]" because it is not her body that is being aborted. It is another body, with it's own blood (and likely of a different type), it's own DNA and is completely separate flesh. The only connection to the mother is through the umbilical cord which provides oxygen and nutrition.

The "fetus" has brain waves, a heartbeat, and moves and kicks it's feet much like the newborn infant does. And it also will suck it's thumb.

Her "choice" ended with the decision to have sex. That was when she made her choice.
It is her body that nurtures, grows and births the child. It is her body that carries the child. It is her body that allow the child to exist.

A bug also has brain waves, a heartbeat and moves. Shall we term it animal abuse when one is killed?

Obviously, I totally disagree with your definition of "choice."

Old 12-28-2017, 05:51 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
it should be a decision for the biological father and mother.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:59 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
1) We already do: it's federal law.

2) I don't know of any women who would "elect" or have "elected" to have an abortion in the second or third trimester.

3) If men could carry a fetus, there would be no abortion debate in this country.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Exactly. The focus should be on all the choices that led up to the pregnancy. Not the one choice to kill the baby. There were so many bad choices made. So why does she get to make another?

Old 12-28-2017, 08:59 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women have many choices for BC: the pill, implants, IUD, patch, rings, shots, sponges, condoms, abstinence.

Abortion is not BC. It's what happens when a woman chooses to not use birth control or chooses have sex irresponsibly (with a partner who will not be an appropriate father or partner).

Stop blaming men for the poor choices the woman makes.

It's amazing how women are so smart and independent and strong but make ridiculously stupid decisions that are completely AVOIDABLE. And then they turn into men-bashing victims. They take zero responsibility for their own part in having sex (man's fault I got preggers, dontcha know, I had NOTHING to do with it), but then want 100% control afterward (men are disgusting, don't come near me, it's MY BODY).

have control of your body before you have sex = no problems afterward
Birth control is not perfect. Plus it can play havoc with your body and hormones. And it's expensive. Why should women be the only ones who are supposed to be responsible for preventing pregnancy physically and financially?

But you still think you get to control the choices they make with their own bodies while dictating that they must use birth control so men can have worry free sex?

Nope. Stop blaming women for the reality that sex can cause babies to be made - it's not women's fault that it happens but you seem to think it is and that men bear no responsibility for their role in the process.

Hopefully no woman is having sex with misogynists but sadly I know that's not really the case.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:55 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Exactly. The focus should be on all the choices that led up to the pregnancy. Not the one choice to kill the baby. There were so many bad choices made. So why does she get to make another?
Why does a man get to run away? Maybe we should make *that* illegal.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:57 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you vote yes, does that mean you feel it should be legal to have a purely elective abortion at the end of the third trimester?

I just need some clarification before I vote.
Not what the question asked. Seems pretty yes or no.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:58 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it should be a decision for the biological father and mother.
No, a man should have no say in what any women does with her body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies