Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:26 PM

272 posts, read 218,246 times

Advertisements

Why do cops continue to keep getting away with killing people under very dubious circumstances at best, and straight-up murder at worst? Even if they manage to go to trial it seems there is a 95% chance he'll be considered not guilty. Everyone from the judge to the jury give cops FAR more of a benefit of the doubt than they deserve and act as if convicting a cop is tantamount to convicting Jesus Christ himself of a crime even when there is clear evidence the cop was fully in the wrong.

Even in the topic dealing with the death of Daniel Shaver where it's clear as day the cops were bloodthirsty sociopaths none were convicted of any crime. Even the judge himself refused to allow a very important piece of evidence of the shooter having a "YOU'RE ****ED" on his own personal weapon. Are the judges/juries involved somehow pressured/bribed into getting a cop off? It's just crazy how cops can use the "I feared for my life" as an excuse to murder people. Hell, even had Daniel Shaver not been an adult male but a 12 year old girl I bet they would've still gotten off saying something like "It looked like she was pulling a gun from her panties". I dare you to disagree.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
I figured I'd get a response such as this. Truth is that in the U.S we have a scary amount of "cop worship" much like a cult. They can do no wrong, and if we criticise anything they do it's just "well, you're not a cop so you can't say anything". It's very frightening how many have this mindset.
What is even more frightening is people like you who think a policeman should stand there and allow someone to kill them. It is called self defense and they are allowed to defend themselves. Maybe you should train the crooks to stop using police as a target in their target practice.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Why do cops continue to keep getting away with killing people under very dubious circumstances at best, and straight-up murder at worst? Even if they manage to go to trial it seems there is a 95% chance he'll be considered not guilty. Everyone from the judge to the jury give cops FAR more of a benefit of the doubt than they deserve and act as if convicting a cop is tantamount to convicting Jesus Christ himself of a crime even when there is clear evidence the cop was fully in the wrong.

Even in the topic dealing with the death of Daniel Shaver where it's clear as day the cops were bloodthirsty sociopaths none were convicted of any crime. Even the judge himself refused to allow a very important piece of evidence of the shooter having a "YOU'RE ****ED" on his own personal weapon. Are the judges/juries involved somehow pressured/bribed into getting a cop off? It's just crazy how cops can use the "I feared for my life" as an excuse to murder people. Hell, even had Daniel Shaver not been an adult male but a 12 year old girl I bet they would've still gotten off saying something like "It looked like she was pulling a gun from her panties". I dare you to disagree.

We have allowed the Badge to be a license to murder.
The Police don't work to serve and protect the people. The are hired guns, by the Mayor, who is put into power to keep the wealthy wealthy. It is all about value to the wealthy community, or the Mayors bank account, depending on percentage of the cut.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What is even more frightening is people like you who think a policeman should stand there and allow someone to kill them. It is called self defense and they are allowed to defend themselves. Maybe you should train the crooks to stop using police as a target in their target practice.
Nice ad hominem. You would've been great in the 50s during Mccarthyism anti-american activities. Or during the 60s during Vietnam where I'm sure you'd be saying "We should just trust our politicians! If we are at war they most definitely have a good reason!"

Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We have allowed the Badge to be a license to murder.
The Police don't work to serve and protect the people. The are hired guns, by the Mayor, who is put into power to keep the wealthy wealthy. It is all about value to the wealthy community, or the Mayors bank account, depending on percentage of the cut.
It's really sad, isn't it? Just think, a man in the military that kills a freaking terrorist ends up with far more scrutiny and far more likely to be sent to prison for doing anything technically wrong then cops in the U.S do for killing civilians! Had this been Fallujah, Daniel Shaver been a terrorist that had before been shooting at the military guys were they to come in and the same said terrorist had put his gun down, started sobbing, crying and begging not to shoot him and yet he got shot dead anyway, the shooter would be in leavenworth with a long prison sentence. I'd rather take my chances getting to live as a a member of Al-Qaeda dealing with combat troops then as a civilian dealing with cops.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,245,076 times
Quote:

Cops are authorized to kill when they feel their life is threatened. It's sad and very unfortunate when someone not a threat is mistakenly shot and killed as this apparently was. Nonetheless, cops perform and invaluable job and are often shot themselves. Nothing's perfect.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Cops are authorized to kill when they feel their life is threatened. It's sad and very unfortunate when someone not a threat is mistakenly shot and killed as this apparently was. Nonetheless, cops perform and invaluable job and are often shot themselves. Nothing's perfect.

Please, do not get the Sheriff and their Deputies, confused with unconstitutional corporate city police forces.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:37 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,533,256 times
Part of it is that the civilian that gets shot faces the situation that goes downhill once in a lifetime, literally. The policeman faces it several times a day. If they walk away, then who will enforce the laws and protect your sad butt? The courts have to give them the margin of doubt.
One of my pastimes is YT videos about bullies in cars. Imagine if all of these offensive people were armed and you as a policeman was there to defuse the situation? The officer has no idea what they are walking into.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Please, do not get the Sheriff and their Deputies, confused with unconstitutional corporate city police forces.
I sense a topic here. Cites?

Nevermind, found it. GIYF. And mine, too.

Last edited by Crashj007; 12-13-2017 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: found source

Old 12-13-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
<>but a 12 year old girl I bet they would've still gotten off saying something like "It looked like she was pulling a gun from her panties". I dare you to disagree.
Certainly not able to since a 12 YOF was cuffed for looking dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies