Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 03:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

Long and interesting article, written by a journalist who once feared and hated Bannon but after spending many days traveling the US and overseas with him, has grudging respect and likes him as a person. I spotted some errors and disagree with some of his interpretations -- his not understanding Bannon's dry humor and hyperbole, for example. I can also guess who his unnamed sources at the White House were and some of what they said was basic backstabbing.

The article's ending was pessimistic but it was written before the historic tax bill was passed, which has shifted the narrative in Trump's favor -- winning!

The author, Gabriel Sherman, appeared on PMSNBC today with Stephanie Ruhle to promote this article so you might want to watch his summary of it. It isn't posted on youtube yet but when I find it and watch it, I will post it in this thread for your enjoyment. If you see it before I do, please post a link.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:48 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Bannon has gone in the wrong direction, I think, and has made himself irrelevant.
His scruffy look, the support for Roy Moore... It's not working for him. He's done.

Liberals have Michael Moore. Conservatives don't need someone like that.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:54 AM

I can't find the video quoted in this article. Even MSNBC hasn't posted it on their own website even though they have a page describing it. Censorship? I hope it's just because most of their staff are on vacation so they'll do it later. I will check back.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:20 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I can't find the video quoted in this article. Even MSNBC hasn't posted it on their own website even though they have a page describing it. Censorship? I hope it's just because most of their staff are on vacation so they'll do it later. I will check back.
No censorship, don’t worry. Found it fairly quickly. Your Breitbart article should have been updated to include it. Is Steve Bannon running for president? | MSNBC

Old 12-24-2017, 05:45 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,720,684 times
Quote:
MSNBC is a government entity?

Old 12-24-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
No censorship, don’t worry. Found it fairly quickly. Your Breitbart article should have been updated to include it. Is Steve Bannon running for president? | MSNBC
For some reason I just get a black box. I disabled my ad blocker on that page. Have to see if it's somewhere on youtube now. Thanks, anyway.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I read that article a couple of days ago. He sounds like a conspiracy theorist and IMO he thinks Trump is a child but he mostly sounds like he hates Ivanka and Jared. He makes the Trump administration sound every bit as chaotic as it looks.

Last edited by Seacove; 12-24-2017 at 06:35 PM..

Old 12-24-2017, 06:18 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Conservatives now have to choose between Bannon and Trump - - I love it.

Quote:
And while Bannon claims he is assisting Trump from his resumed post atop Breitbart, he doesn't appear to think especially highly of the president's intelligence. "He's like an 11-year-old child," Bannon reportedly joked to a friend last month.

Bannon apparently isn't always so generous in his remarks, though. One "prominent Republican" added to Vanity Fair: "I think there was a lot of rage when [Bannon] was in the White House. Steve had to subsume his ego to Donald, who Steve thinks is dumb and crazy."
Bannon reportedly likens Trump to 'an 11-year-old child'

Old 12-24-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Conservatives now have to choose between Bannon and Trump
I guess you didn't hear the Republicans finally have, except for a couple of outliers, united around Trump as a result of the historic tax bill passing. Even Corker was praising him. The Reps have finally gotten a taste of winning and it's addictive so they want more.

Bannon still supports Trump's agenda which is why he has been flying all over the country and overseas to spread the populist message as well as to clarify Trump's policies. Don't forget there is global corporate media whose lies don't stop at our border thanks to the internet. Bannon also wants to help conservative movements in those countries.

I think Trump and Bannon, both being alpha males, have always had a love hate relationship but they respect each other's strengths and need each other in some ways. Read Devil's Bargain and you will get a better sense of them as a team and Bannon as a person. You may not like him but you will respect what he's been able to accomplish.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:22 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't hear the Republicans finally have, except for a couple of outliers, united around Trump as a result of the historic tax bill passing. Even Corker was praising him. The Reps have finally gotten a taste of winning and it's addictive so they want more.

Bannon still supports Trump's agenda which is why he has been flying all over the country and overseas to spread the populist message as well as to clarify Trump's policies. Don't forget there is global corporate media whose lies don't stop at our border thanks to the internet. Bannon also wants to help conservative movements in those countries.

I think Trump and Bannon, both being alpha males, have always had a love hate relationship but they respect each other's strengths and need each other in some ways. Read Devil's Bargain and you will get a better sense of them as a team and Bannon as a person. You may not like him but you will respect what he's been able to accomplish.
If "winning" is supporting something that has been incredibly unpopular, I guess the Republicans are "winning".

Trump defends new tax-cut bill amid negative polls | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies