Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 07:27 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
AT&T pumps 200 million into the local economies where their employees work and liberals whine..............too funny.
Plus $1,000,000,000.00 in additional US investment...

Plus 7,000 more jobs...

....and these are UNION jobs that liberals supposedly care about...

...and we apparently get liberals lying about AT&T bonuses being cut back to $1K...unreal.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
[quote=michiganmoon;50470204]Plus $1,000,000,000.00 in additional US investment...

Plus 7,000 more jobs...

....and these are UNION jobs that liberals supposedly care about...

...and we apparently get liberals lying about AT&T bonuses being cut back to $1K...unreal.[/QUOTE]

It is unreal.

Because, really who cares if it is a PR move they think will benefit them. The reality is that 200 million has been pumped into local economies......and apparently more to come.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, I happen to know they are already investing heavily in the fiber optics high speed data, and they have been bragging no one has invested more in US than them. s a matter of of fact they claimed to have invested $140 billion on the fiber optics project. If they say they are investing an additional $1 billion, they are just blowing smoke up your rear. They were going to do it with or without the tax bill.
Oh the irony....you are the one blowing smoke up everyone's rear.

You can't provide links, because you were fabricating fiction. You feel as if this is a bad law so you think you are justified in posting little fairytales that you invented.

-You made up that the bonus was cut back to $1K. It is smoke you are trying to blow up our rears.

-You made up that this $1 Billion was already planned. AT&T for years had a publicly released schedule of their investment plan...they recently promised to up it by $1 Billion for 2018 if the tax cuts passed...that is NEW spending from the tax savings, which is estimated to create 7,000 new jobs.

That $140 Billion was in my links and it goes back cumulatively over the course of several years...

Old 12-21-2017, 07:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Oh the irony....you are the one blowing smoke up everyone's rear.

You can't provide links, because you were fabricating fiction. You feel as if this is a bad law so you think you are justified in posting little fairytales that you invented.
It is a bad law. Small businesses will get hammered by it. I have not invented anything. It is not my fault you are so eager to eat up any sales pitch thrown your way. ATT has been investing MASSIVELY and were going to continue with or without any tax bills.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you agree MSNBC was full of it by implying that AT&T barely pays anything in taxes, since their net effective rate was 32.7%.

A company always needs to be developing, researching, etc...ESPECIALLY in the technology field. Their profit was $13 Billion or just a hair under an 8% profit margin -- below the national average - mind you. That money is ear marked for future expenses, business transactions, and flexibility. $13 Billion a year isn't a lot for a large company that has lost billions in single years and seeks to develop, build infrastructure, market, buy out competitors, and its reputation has dated back to the 1800s on being a consistent big dividend payer - it pays out ~$12.4 Billion in dividends a year (much going to pensions and 401Ks) - a lowering of dividends would hurt the stock's reputation.

AT&T had to cut the dividend back in 2001...the first cut it made in its then 125 year history. It is not as if AT&T doesn't have lean years and it needs its slightly below average 8% profit margin to help smooth out those years.

AT&T Cuts Its Dividend for First Time Ever - latimes

The fact of the matter is, AT&T promised beforehand if tax cuts came, that they would reinvest much of the savings and they are. $200 Million to employee bonuses and $1 Billion more in US investment.

It is estimated that they will create 7,000 more jobs.
All that earmarked money for future development was in the 86 billion number I quoted, that is why i said 13 billion in pure profit.

So if you are using the argument of ear marked mony argument, then your percentage should come from the 86 Billion, not the 13 Billion.

Also

AT&T 2001(AT&T Corporation) =/= AT&T 2017( SBC Buying/merging with ATT Corp, Cingular Wireless,Bell South, Direct TV, Dobson Communication/Cellular One, Edge Wireless,Wayport, Cricket Wireless and 40 other smaller companies).

SBC is the parent company as they bought AT&T for 16 billion and changed their name because AT&T was a better brand name.

so if you are using 2001 figures, you should be looking for SBC, not AT&T. doing a quick Google search, ATT Corp(2001) was probably the smallest of the remaining Baby Bells when it was bought in 2005.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No increase in wages and/or benefits with the tax reform? When did you became psychically aware that you can predict what everyone is doing in this country in the next few years? The joke's on you!
Obviously discussing THIS company and THIS topic.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Psychic much?
What's with the psychic jabs?

I read the damned article and unless it's been edited NONE of those took place or are even planned otherwise the AT&T PR dept would have mentioned it.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
It is a bad law. Small businesses will get hammered by it. I have not invented anything. It is not my fault you are so eager to eat up any sales pitch thrown your way. ATT has been investing MASSIVELY and were going to continue with or without any tax bills.
Exactly, if they did the bonus anyway (which honestly i still a possibility that people don't realize or care to) there would be no story at all. There would be nothing, just a Christmas bonus. But because conservatives and the alt.right are grasping straws to defend the freebie corporate tax rate.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

Because, really who cares if it is a PR move they think will benefit them. The reality is that 200 million has been pumped into local economies......and apparently more to come.
It matter because they could have done this the entire time, and those tax breaks could actually be used to improve people's lives.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Then once again, if you aren't inventing anything, provide links to where:

(1) ATT is cutting back bonuses to $1K and this isn't a new bonus.

(2) That ATT isn't pledging to increase by $1 Billion from the preexisting plans of US investment.

You have continually avoided providing links for your false claims, because they were invented by you to "blow smoke up rears" as you eloquently say. If not, show us the links where you got your false information from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies