Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 08:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So much for tax cuts creating jobs.
Oh, please! This has nothing to do with politics or the Republican's tax cuts. It has to do with technology and responding to customers needs and shopping habits. People don't want to wait in long lines. They want to do their shopping and check out. That's one reason whey online shopping is so popular. No driving, and no checkout line. Shop from the comfort of home and have your purchases delivered.

I thought you Leftists liked "progress?"

By the way, did you notice that AT&T is giving big bonuses to employees and pay raises since the tax cut plan passed? Not the bleak scenario the Left was predicting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 08:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,857,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! This has nothing to do with politics or the Republican's tax cuts. It has to do with technology and responding to customers needs and shopping habits. People don't want to wait in long lines. They want to do their shopping and check out. That's one reason whey online shopping is so popular. No driving, and no checkout line. Shop from the comfort of home and have your purchases delivered.

I thought you Leftists liked "progress?"
I do like progress but doing the work myself is not progress in my book.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

And like it or not technology will continue to progress..restaurants, retail, etc.
The Invention Secrecy Act of 1951 was enacted to suppress any new technology or invention that had the potential to be destructive to the economy, Govt or industry though.

Too late for that now, but its strange they allowed this technology to progress at all.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 AM

17,356 posts, read 11,323,665 times
Quote:
If you are in the minority, get used to it. None of this has anything to do with tax cuts BTW. To link the two things together like you are trying to do is wrong.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
That's your choice. You don't have to shop there.

Some people like to do things themselves. I, for example, have always done a lot of home maintenance myself, including some roofing, replacing my water pump, doing plumbing, electrical (adding outlets), hanging and finishing drywall, building walls and partitions (my house building experience helped a lot). Do-it-yourselfers save a lot of money. That's why Home Depot and Lowe's thrive.

13,240 posts, read 4,939,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Tell us how making people poorer (taxes) creates jobs?
Tell us how tax cuts for the 'job creators' who then use the tax cuts to 'uncreate' jobs benefits the people?

We the people have been hearing these punctured mythologies for 3 or 4 decades now, still waiting for the 'trickle down' to benefit 99% of US.

17,155 posts, read 12,987,050 times
If you think the prices will drop at a cashier-less store, you are sorely mistaken, OP. How much of a discount do we get at the self checkout?

Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Here in Florida I see more scan and go aisles than cashiers. I would say three scan and go to one cashier. It is happening now.. many cashiers will be in the unemployment line. Many stores and restaurants have been looking empty to me.

Retired people have lost their interest on their nest egg and now have to spend their principle on their living expenses which go up each year. 8 years with no interest raise by the fed..plus The SS cost of living wage this year and other years was eaten up by Medicare cost going higher so many got no raise at all . And if they did , it was a couple of dollars.

Hopefully interest rates will go up for the savers who can't risk gambling in the stock market and lose a big chunk of their savings.

Many brick and mortar stores are empty as on line shopping has taken a big portion of the market.

Finally President Trump in office and we had three raises by the fed and three more expected next year.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If you are in the minority, get used to it. None of this has anything to do with tax cuts BTW. To link the two things together like you are trying to do is wrong.
Not only wrong, it's stupid!

Old 12-21-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
If you think the prices will drop at a cashier-less store, you are sorely mistaken, OP. How much of a discount do we get at the self checkout?
It has more to do with convenience of the customer. No long lines. Get in, get out. Fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies