Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 01:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,323,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong.

You're confused with a legitimate not for profit entity with a faux, on paper, technically they're right, not for profit entitity. I address the latter. Are you really not for profit entity? Or do you hide profits by moving them into board members salary? If so cap your salary. Can't claim youre not for profit and move profits into your salary, on the basis of "providing care"

The premise PCALMike is concerned with would be what I addressed. Forcing a "not for profit" to take proceeds to reinvest in the "care" part with the latest and greatest procedures and equipment.

Try again.
Capitalism does not care how a business is set up. The only reason to be set up any other way is if you pay out dividends. Otherwise every single small owner owned business is non profit as all profits go into his pocket as salary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Pknopp here's another example.
Be a Televangelist. Claim you are not for profit. Buy 10k square foot mansion. Bently Ferrari and limousines So on so forth. Claim it's all for ministry purposes.

Really? Okay. Better be going out with that fleet of luxury vehicles, picking bums up off the streets, bringing them home and housing them in said mansion and reading scripture every night. Same with the Rolex and Hublot watches. Same with the Lois Viotton luggage, Armani suits, private air craft, etc etc. Cant tell me you are not for profit when you have blatant abuse of claiming "not for profit" better be giving gods children a Rolex dressing them in fine suits flying them in via private air craft and driving the flock in via limos and luxury cars.

In the case of a "not for profit" hospital can't pizz down people's backs tell them it's rain and claim not for profit when you vote to shift said profits into board room members salary.
Want to be a not for profit hospital? Fine. Better be legit. Either reinvest in the latest and greatest, give raises to the ones who do the work, or knock $ off the patients bills that insurance didn't pick up...
I've addressed this. You are for government intervention when it is something you don't like and want it hands off when it is something you support.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:41 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,527,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.
  • Life Expectancy Falls during Obama Years and under Obamacare.
You blame Trump for it.

YOU folks were quick to blame Obama for anything and everything that occurred under his watch.

Guess WHAT?

Like the old saying goes: Turnabout is fair play!

Deal with it!

Old 12-21-2017, 01:51 PM

30,593 posts, read 19,319,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YOU folks were quick to blame Obama for anything and everything that occurred under his watch.

Guess WHAT?

Deal with it!
I never blamed Obama for causing the reduction in American lifespan although Obamacare certainly might be a factor. The real factors are diet and lifestyle. americans will live longer if they make better diet and exercise choices....simple as that.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:53 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
I read a similar article in another paper but there's no need to read any article to answer the question "
What's this have to do with trump?" you asked in a thread that begins with Trump's "MAGA".

Yes, exactly....if you would have read the article, this is about 2015 and 2016, who was president during that time frame?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Guess WHAT?

Deal with it!
All it does is make you look as bad as they do.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,510,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Capitalism does not care how a business is set up. The only reason to be set up any other way is if you pay out dividends. Otherwise every single small owner owned business is non profit as all profits go into his pocket as salary.
I'm for profit. If my profits were given to charity I'd be not for profit. If I gave all profits back to me, I could claim not for profit and say I'm the best in the employee roster and give myself a raise.

Quote:
I've addressed this. You are for government intervention when it is something you don't like and want it hands off when it is something you support.
Wrong.

There's a difference between being not for profit and for profit. Then there's blatant faux not for profit.

I have no problem with capitalism.

What I have a problem with is abuse. Can't be a Televangelist or hospital and claim not for profit, when your opulence is on display.
I merely suggest ending abuse and making not for profits put their money where their mouth is. When you have board members clearing 6 or 7 figures per year claiming to be a not for profit organization/charity those board members better be with biafra kids giving them needles, dressing them, and feeding them. Same regards with a hospital. Board members best be surgeons/nurses working on the floor interacting with patients/treating patients, making sure the latest and greatest is available.

What you have confused is an attack on capitalism. I'm not against capitalism what so ever. Phony not for profits that engage in crony capitalism full tilt just don't have the balls to admit it they are for profit. As long as the board members profit and nobody else does LOL

Old 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, exactly....if you would have read the article, this is about 2015 and 2016, who was president during that time frame?
The article I read cites the opioid crisis of 2017 for a reduction in US life span, and guess who's been president for that?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:56 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,532,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The real factors are diet and lifestyle. americans will live longer if they make better diet and exercise choices....simple as that.
While I fully agree with your assessment, the article is talking about the spike in deaths being related to Opioid addiction. I guess that falls into lifestyle.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
All it does is make you look as bad as they do.
Hey, I believe when someone hits you you hit back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies