Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its perfectly on point and here is why: Unlike Hillary and every other candidate, Roy Moore refuses to formally concede the race. He keeps talking about counting all the votes even though all the votes together wouldn't overcome his 20,000 vote deficit in this race.

Until Moore concedes or until the Secretary of State officially certifies Jones as the winner of the race its not all over--even if it should be.
Distinction without a difference really.
Hellary formally conceded but questioned if it was a legitimate election. Its over as far as the voters are concerned in both cases.
I'm sure both these clowns will be brought up many times over the next year. I'm over it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 09:22 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
God wants the left to keep talking about Roy Moore.
More likely, Roy Moore wants everyone to keep talking about Roy Moore.

More talk won't change anything, and it's not going to make Moore feel any better, so I can't understand why he's this way. He's the worst loser I've seen in a very long time.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:00 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Hillary conceded all right, but everyone from Jill Stein to the Deep State Meuller DOJ has been trying to cheat Trump out of it since then.

Besides, I suspect voter fraud. It's the Dems favorite way of winning. It's how they got Cooper in. Also, to be fair, it's how the GOPe got Cochran in in the runoff too.

Considering how much the GOPe hates Moore, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in on it with the Dems here too.
I suspect Donald Trump is President because he and his corporate minions bribed election officials in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania into changing democrat votes into republican votes.

My statement is no less ludicrous than the statement you just made about the democrats committing voting fraud.

You have no evidence for your statement.

Your statement alleges a criminal act.

When you say "its the democrats favorite way of winning" you can't cite a precedent for it either.

The only thing that stands out is by hook or by crook you want your candidates to win. You are what is wrong with this country.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
It's hard to believe how anyone can be shocked that Roy Moore lost.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Moore is very interested in homosexuality and sodomy.

Me thinks Moore protests a little too much.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's hard to believe how anyone can be shocked that Roy Moore lost.
I was. I completely expected Alabama to live down to expectations. And it wasn't a landslide, either.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I was. I completely expected Alabama to live down to expectations. And it wasn't a landslide, either.
I said early on that I expected them to do the right thing. Yes, he still had a lot of support but it was a pretty big swing where politics are concerned and the fact that the GOP would have won easily with anyone but Moore.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I said early on that I expected them to do the right thing. Yes, he still had a lot of support but it was a pretty big swing where politics are concerned and the fact that the GOP would have won easily with anyone but Moore.
considering Roy Moore has won state wide elections before, you cant really argue that this has to do with people in Alabama "doing the right thing"

Doug Jones didnt flip all that many votes, Roy Moore's own base just didnt show up.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
considering Roy Moore has won state wide elections before, you cant really argue that this has to do with people in Alabama "doing the right thing"

Doug Jones didnt flip all that many votes, Roy Moore's own base just didnt show up.
Sort of like what Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin did to Hillary.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:34 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I am just confused. Are people supposed to care if Doug Jones has a gay son?
Doug Jones has a gay son? I want to change my vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies