Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:35 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, I am mad that we are putting this burden off on future generations. I do not understand why you are not. What ever became of personal responsibility?

I have plenty of personal responsibility, excellent credit; excellent career; excellent bank accounts even though I live in a generally low tax state I probably pay more tax than you. Get out the negative pessimistic mindset that liberals seem to live in and do better for yourself and yours, the opportunity is out there.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:27 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Opposition media isn't telling the truth about the GOP tax plan so the dummies who watch those channels are clueless. This video shows a man telling NYC libs about a tax plan he pretends is Bernie's. They love it! Oops! Then he tells them it is really the Republican plan. They are predictably surprised but think it's great. Dems will be worried now. Another nail in the coffin of opposition media. Spread this link around to educate the zombies. They need to wake up and find out they are being played for suckers by their Loony Left masters.
You are so right.

They need to be told what to think.

Do you have any idea how much harder it is on our bodies to digest lies rather than truths? What's really amazing is how people keep themselves sick rather than trying to heal up and do well. It's all tied into victimhood and fear of the unknown.

In twelve days, I will be 14 years continuously sober and I base my whole recovery on the seeking of truth and higher states of consciousness in a real and honest way.

I can understand why there is so much depression, suicide, opiate use and pill-popping in general going on.

There's a whole huge industry built up around these sheeple.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:41 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
No Tax Cut Bummp for Trump: His Approval Rating is Stuck at 35%
Not surprising since most Americans opposed the tax bill.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:44 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Do you have any idea how much harder it is on our bodies to digest lies rather than truths?
Then cons must be the most unhealthy disgusting slugs out there.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:01 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Who cares what his approval ratings are based on silly polls.

Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

The poll I care most about is the increasing total of my portfolio.

The poll I care most about are the conservative judges in the Federal Courts and Supreme Court

The poll I care most about is lower taxes

And, President Trump is just warming up!

Old 12-23-2017, 11:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not surprising since most Americans opposed the tax bill.
You should have called your congressman and senators to let them know how you feel.
Other people did and it passed? That would signal most people and a majority of states liked the idea.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:36 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Actions speak much louder than words. You can continue your campaign of discrediting the POTUS all you like, OP. Those of us unfettered by cognitive dissonance will continue to judge by his actions, not his popularity.
And his re-election will continue to be dependent on his popularity.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:32 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,339,007 times
People are still dependent on these certain polls. The same ones that had him losing the election.

Let's say for argument's sake these polls are legit; they aren't oversampling Dems or voters from the two coasts where he got creamed: the dude should get off Twitter for awhile. It can be annoying to someone who isn't a hardcore fan of is.

BTW the tax plan is slowly becoming popular, especially in PA. It was unpopular(assuming these polls are 100% legit) because the mainstream media kept shoving down everyone's throats how awful it is(despite nonpartisan groups claiming otherwise). Also the GOP didn't do a good job on selling the bill to the masses(which they plan to rectify or the upcoming Midterms).Wait till reality kicks in.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:10 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
It depends on how you frame it. If tax cuts mean more debt and cuts to essential public services/infrastructure, than no thank you, I'm good.

But the economic elite don't have to worry when they don't depend on the public system, when they can afford private schools, private security, private planes, etc etc. they have no moral connection to the average American, they only judge things based on their bank accounts and social status in their immediate circles.
"If tax cuts mean more debt and cuts to essential public services/infrastructure"

Why do you live in the "if" world?

What you are so worried about has NEVER happened before, why do you suddenly think it is going to happen this time?

Keep in mind probably 90 % of the infrastructure is a LOCAL issue.

Why did YOU allow your LOCAL politicians to let maintenance of IT'S infrastructure to deteriorate so badly?

What did THEY do with the money earmark for MAINTENANCE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies