Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 11:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Ya, if a young girl can afford it. Or, till Michigan makes the same law?
I am pro-life but this is nothing more than divisiveness out of Kasich. I have noted many times in the past that I do not care much for him. Probably for 90% of women, it's likely as close to a clinic in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, N.Y. or Kentucky.

This law will get overturned and will not stop a single abortion. O.K. I understand the argument it's the message. I do not believe laws are meant for messages. If you have a legit message, make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 01:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Go to Michigan and abort.
I thought you were a libertarian? Shouldn't government get out of the uterus business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You associate with people you consider to be "trailer trash"? Not only that but you've talked to them all? Seriously? Post a link that shows your claim that half of all "MAGA hat wearers" are "trailer trash living on some kind of disability".

Give us a break.
I work them them genius. Unfailingly - every run down trailer I visit - hotter than hell with too many cats or too many dogs and a baby crawling around on a filthy floor - have a MAGA hat or some Trump crap in their home. They are disabled due to depression or anxiety or back pain or neck pain . . . . fill in the blank.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought you were a libertarian? Shouldn't government get out of the uterus business?

I work them them genius. Unfailingly - every run down trailer I visit - hotter than hell with too many cats or too many dogs and a baby crawling around on a filthy floor - have a MAGA hat or some Trump crap in their home. They are disabled due to depression or anxiety or back pain or neck pain . . . . fill in the blank.
That would be a tough job - kudos. I think a lot of Trump supporters are motivated by resentment. A lot of them are living off of the government which makes their anti-government stances all the more comical. Trump's approval in places like West Virginia are very high and almost 10% of the state is living on Disability. That said, I think this Down's Syndrome abortion ban sounds completely challengeable. People that thought Kasich was a moderate, just learned a valuable lesson. There is no such thing as a moderate Republican.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have certain Libertarian leanings. I am not an extreme partisan anything.

You might note that I condemned Kasich here.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:02 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Government should have to pay for the baby's needs for life then.
They will just tax me for the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
A lot of politicians are corrupt, but Kasich's biggest problem is a lack of intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Kasich proved last election he's an idiot.
Kasich is a special kind of stupid, there is a reason I was telling people from other states not to vote for him in the 2016 GOP primaries, he makes Paul LePage look level headed and reasonable.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Kasich should start an org to take the kids with downs that he is forcing to be born. Done.
Easy-Peasy.....

Our (very right wing) neighbors have a adult (was formerly a child, of course) with Downs. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Imagine that every second of every day and every night you have to pretty much be on guard...let alone take care of his needs.

When it comes time to help our aging parents...and we have a disabled daughter ourselves - there is usually a beginning and an end to it. But Downs children can live 40+ years and this is a LOT to FORCE people to deal with.

Usually right wing politics - do as I say, not as I do.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Kasich should start an org to take the kids with downs that he is forcing to be born. Done.
Easy-Peasy.....

Our (very right wing) neighbors have a adult (was formerly a child, of course) with Downs. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Imagine that every second of every day and every night you have to pretty much be on guard...let alone take care of his needs.

When it comes time to help our aging parents...and we have a disabled daughter ourselves - there is usually a beginning and an end to it. But Downs children can live 40+ years and this is a LOT to FORCE people to deal with.

Usually right wing politics - do as I say, not as I do.
There are many, many, many parents who do not see their child as a burden .

Old 12-24-2017, 03:48 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Which is why they have choice and continue to have a choice. One size doesn’t fit all.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Government should have to pay for the baby's needs for life then.

They just might...A woman at work has an autistic young adult daughter (age 24) and that young adult gets total disability, medical care (Medicaid, I believe) and many services for her child's disability....

Old 12-24-2017, 03:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Except children typically outlive their parents and what are the parents to do about that? Is there a special section in Trump's tax plan for that? Does Paul Ryan have an answer for that in his "cut entitlements" dream? Does Kasich have an answer for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies