Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

What an amazing opportunity to show the capabilities of the Trump admin as well as the American people as a whole. Meanwhile, I think 2/3 of the Island doesn't even have electricity three months after the hurricane.

When they write the history of the downhill slide under Trump, this will be one of the main Exhibits - just leaving American citizens to rot and catch disease while Trump rakes in the money for his parties and spends too much time on the Golf Course.

I thought Trump was a doer - a builder? I thought he knew all the best people? He has an almost unlimited budget and yet cannot even get a small island running again. The same goes with the US Virgin Islands.

Well, I guess since he doesn't live there or have russian financed stuff there...out of sight, out of mind.

We should be ashamed.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:01 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What an amazing opportunity to show the capabilities of the Trump admin as well as the American people as a whole. Meanwhile, I think 2/3 of the Island doesn't even have electricity three months after the hurricane.

When they write the history of the downhill slide under Trump, this will be one of the main Exhibits - just leaving American citizens to rot and catch disease while Trump rakes in the money for his parties and spends too much time on the Golf Course.

I thought Trump was a doer - a builder? I thought he knew all the best people? He has an almost unlimited budget and yet cannot even get a small island running again. The same goes with the US Virgin Islands.

Well, I guess since he doesn't live there or have russian financed stuff there...out of sight, out of mind.

We should be ashamed.

Uh, Trump can't spend money that isn't appropriated by Congress.

What have you personally done to help PR? Have you given anything?
I've given $100 and will be giving more. It's a small drop in the bucket, but it's something.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:

We should be ashamed.
How did it look when you were there helping out?

Old 01-01-2018, 07:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I watched an episode of The Profit last week that was dedicated to Puerto Rico and have to say it's shocking what some people have had to endure. And the health workers putting in 14-hour days and only being able to see 6 -8 people during that time because it's so difficult to navigate isn't helping matters.

But what a strong community. The ways they've worked around the challenges they're faced with is evidence that they're not going to sit around and wait for help. They're doing as much, if not more, than the National Guard and the charities there. Very impressive. I agree our government should be doing more.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:10 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
PR was having brownouts for months before the hurricane.

This is natural when an island has no economy, no work ethic, no get up and go attitude.

I am all for teaching a man how to fish, but dead set against giving him fish daily for life, a/k/a perpetual welfare.

The hurricane , while causing problems, also exposed PR for the train wreck it has been long-term.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:13 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
He gave them all those paper towels. What else do they need?

Old 01-01-2018, 07:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
They just need to vote accordingly. Over 200,000 have moved to Florida so far. Trump mocked them and tossed paper towels. Many have been forced to leave everything behind where many places still have no power. They should remember that in the voting booth.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:16 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
No need to wait for the government. Here ya go Get busy! Lives are at stake.

10 Ways to Donate to and Raise Money for Puerto Rico Victims and Relief Efforts

Launch your own fundraiser.

Contribute to a company matching all donations. (GREAT OPTION!)

Support a general crowdfunding campaign raising money for relief from multiple hurricanes.

Donate to a fundraiser specific to Puerto Rico.

Help with the rebuilding effort.

See if your company will match your gift (Use our tool to check!).

Donate to a disaster-relief nonprofit.

Volunteer in the impacted areas in the weeks and months to come.

Receive shelter training and give your time.

Review the government’s prioritization of needed items.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
You realize that this was ongoing issue before the hurricane that has greatly exacerbated the issue and this is not something you can simply snap your fingers to fix. The type of work that needs to be done there is usually done over many years if not decades.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Uh, Trump can't spend money that isn't appropriated by Congress.
And yet, somehow Obama spent all that money and put us in debt......

The money is there, but the will to help PR is not there. Puerto Ricans are flooding to US mainland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies