Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:37 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Uhm, Oldglory, you DO realize that the title of the thread is, Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries in Oval Office

Let me repeat myself for those with vision and hearing problems...
"Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries in Oval Office", it is THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!

It appears to me that you don't even recognize the thread you're in because of your ****on to catch me doing/saying something YOU disagree with.

Newsflash, I was NOT agreeing NOR disagreeing with the title of the thread.

In my post I am responding to an article posted concerning BOTSAWANA!

YOUR city-data name is definitely a misnomer. Please go away little person and find someone else to dispute a commentary with, please, I beg you!

Little person? Is that all you've got are personal attacks?

"The administration announced this week that it was removing TPS status for citizens of El Salvador. Haitians were added to the TPS aka program because of a strong earthquake that devastated Haiti eight years ago". I agree with Trump on this it was temporary and that these countries are ****holes but it's time for their citizens to fix them and for us to bow out and stop protecting them at our expense. If they don't do so they will always remain that way and nothing will change.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-12-2018 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post

Not funny, we allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and take in many refugees. Most of us don't have a problem with that as long as there are limits and that they won't be a burden to our society How is that akin to having KKK ideals especially when hardly any of the above are whites? You're determined to play that race card, aren't you? Shameful and childish!

Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with Trump on this it was temporary and that these countries are ****holes but it's time for their citizens to fix them and for us to bow out and stop protecting them at our expense. If they do don't do so they will always remain that way and nothing will change.
This is very true, the ones that came here have no doubt been exposed to new skills and higher standards. When they go back to their native country they will raise the standards back there which will help the rest of their population

Old 01-12-2018, 03:45 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hear snooty liberals right here regularly refer
to my state and the entire south as a $h*thole.
Get over it.
Lol people say the same about NJ.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hear snooty liberals right here regularly refer
to my state and the entire south as a $h*thole.
Get over it.
I've also heard them call Trump all kinds of nasty names such as Orangeman, Cheeto and far worse. What a bunch of hypocrites they are. Trump states the truth about some countries and they get their panties all in a wad and immediately pull the race card. A country isn't a race it's a piece of land.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Lol people say the same about NJ.
Only parts of Jersey would qualify.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Correct, not everyone has what it takes to be a value add to our society. Some cultures are inferior and defective and produce people who are wholly incompatible with American values and our fundamental ideals.

You act like the country of someone's birth is nothing but an innocuous footnote to their personality or identity, when its literally the "nurture" part of "nature vs nurture". When you are raised in a certain environment and culture, you are steeped like a teabag in that cauldron, and you take on the properties of that environment and culture. So if you are born and raised in a country that has defective beliefs (extreme religiosity, for instance, and no concept of secular government, or of Western ideals...how in the world could you possibly wind up being fit to be a citizen of America? We will have to reprogram that person, everything they believe in, just to get them to the point an American child would be at with zero effort. Why go thru all that?)

Which leads us to a more basic issue: Why do we need to import people to "become Americans" in the first place? We already have 320M people here...never gonna run out of people. Got so many we can't use the ones we have! So why import more of what we have in abundance and excess already?

A lot of truth in your post.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The open-borders crowd doesn’t want to talk about that, though, and it wants to call you racist if you’re opposed to a deluge of immigrants from the worst places on earth. That’s why Trump’s “s***holes” objection is big news rather than the fact there are so-called political leaders who can’t agree to reorient our immigration policy toward taking people who can successfully assimilate here.

Between the two, the crude man who tells the truth and looks out for his own citizens is preferable to the genteel man who sells us out for cheap labor or ballot-box fuel for a political machine. If Trump is the former, so be it.
Cannot like this post enough. That is exactly it. Americans are sick and tired of being invaded and exploited. We've had it. Just flipping done with all of it!

Old 01-12-2018, 04:12 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
As a white liberal, I want many imigrants to come here from African countries and Haiti. But Once they're here I don't want them to live anywhere near me.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:17 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
unnamed sources, naturally. sorry, only from the wapo at the moment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a9d4c019c289
Obviously, President Trump was talking about Somalia. What else could he have called it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies