Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 04:25 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
There's still no evidence Trump consistently pays his taxes
Some people who whined about Trump not paying taxes probably voted for John Kerry in 2004, who docked his yacht in Rhode Island in order to avoid paying 500,000 in taxes that he owes to Massachusetts.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:25 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why do progs have such an obsession with other people's tax returns? It's not any of your business.
Maybe they want to know what a real tax return looks like since they have probably never filled one out.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
“Without peeking under the veil of Trump's actual holdings and wealth, we cannot know what is Trump's vision for America and what is Trump's vision for the Trump Organization,” Jeff Hauser, executive director of the Revolving Door Project.

First, I doubt he is worth nearly as much as he claims. In fact, I've heard he is worth "only" 200-300 million.

Secondly, Trump has promised to deliver these forms over and over for seven years. Many Americans have a feeling that Trump’s only goal is to monetize the presidency like it's going out of business. The basic disclosure that has been offered by every president since Richard Nixon is the evidence that could prove or disprove it.

Finally, we still have no idea about the dealings of his for-profit businesses, which he spends one-third of his time as president promoting. We know very little, for example, about who is buying his real estate and what they might want from him.

What is he hiding? Show us the tax returns!

And this is not a left or right issue - this is an issue of the American people knowing who is is really working for - is it us or himself?
He doesn’t have to show them.

Deal with it.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Maybe they want to know what a real tax return looks like since they have probably never filled one out.
I'm guessing that might be it. The 47% that don't pay a dime to support the US Federal Government.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
“Without peeking under the veil of Trump's actual holdings and wealth, we cannot know what is Trump's vision for America and what is Trump's vision for the Trump Organization,” Jeff Hauser, executive director of the Revolving Door Project.

First, I doubt he is worth nearly as much as he claims. In fact, I've heard he is worth "only" 200-300 million.

Secondly, Trump has promised to deliver these forms over and over for seven years. Many Americans have a feeling that Trump’s only goal is to monetize the presidency like it's going out of business. The basic disclosure that has been offered by every president since Richard Nixon is the evidence that could prove or disprove it.

Finally, we still have no idea about the dealings of his for-profit businesses, which he spends one-third of his time as president promoting. We know very little, for example, about who is buying his real estate and what they might want from him.

What is he hiding? Show us the tax returns!

And this is not a left or right issue - this is an issue of the American people knowing who is is really working for - is it us or himself?
I am sure the Russians had something to do with his missing taxes... or maybe it was the Chinese... or maybe North Korea...

Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times
Quote:
Trump was a birther for years....so we can keep this up for years.
No, more like YOU singular.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:57 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
The worst things his tax returns could reveal is that he has paid little or no taxes in some or many years. This is not front page scandal stuff. This is a broken tax system that allows it. Are any of you seriously paying more in taxes that you have to just trying to prove a point? No you're not.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:00 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The IRS has seen them. If there was a crime they would have acted.

Especially true after the IRS was caught red handed targeting Conservatives just a few years ago.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Absolutely agree.

Just as a refresher though, everybody but the birthers thought they were nutjobs acting out of mostly partisan insanity and we made fun of them.

More importantly, they not only didn't convince anyone or produce any results they arguably made people tune out levels of other criticism aimed at Obama. Did you notice this at all? I sure did, makes me question your tactics, but hey...that's up to you.

If you want to be a new-birther then it's entirely within your rights and I'm going to make fun of you just like I did those idiots.
Naturally. Everyone in the collective feels that way. If its wrong on its face. No need to face plant.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The question is not its value, the question is who does he owe money to and how much? How much equity does he have in it? Is he underwater?

Since Trump's election the value of the Trump brand has fallen precipitously. The American taxpayer is paying his bills now.

I bet he could only sell it for a fraction of its worth. After the sale the Trump sign would be thrown in the trash.
He’s still making some money - no divestment for him.

“Even after taking office, President Donald Trump has sold more than $35 million worth of real estate last year to secretive buyers.

Trump sold 41 luxury condo units in Las Vegas last year to people who used limited liability companies (LLCs), which allow them to hide their identities, a USA Today report found. The president can withdraw profits from these sales at any time using a trust that names him as the sole beneficiary but is managed by sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.”

After Becoming President, Trump Has Sold Millions in Real Estate In Secret Deals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies