Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:56 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And I'm not strictly talking illegal Mexicans. I'm talk the legal ones, especially from the "****hole countries" you hate. I'm willing to be proven wrong and have no problem admitting it if that ends up being the case.
How about you post evidence to the contrary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 08:22 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And jay walking is the equivalent of illegally being in a foreign country. Only in the mind of Leftist would the two be equivalent
Perhaps; and only in the right-wing mind would illegal immigrants be the equivalent of murderers and rapists and thieves.

I know they're breaking the law by being here. That doesn't meet my threshold for "Criminal" any more than speeding or jaywalking.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, until they get old of course. I showed you the labor force participation rates of foreign born workers, and it shows they are quite busy working.

Post 125. Just to be clear, are you saying you agree that foreign borns are contributing to the society? By asking your question you suggest they are not a burden to welfare.
You struggle with basic logic.

Post 125 doesn't say all immigrants are leeches.

And if you understand stats and the world you would know that immigrants are younger and poor workers can take benefits, and some illegals aren't measured on the employment numbers.

Certainly some immigrants contribute and some are net takers. Hence some wanting to move towards Canada's more merit based system.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Perhaps; and only in the right-wing mind would illegal immigrants be the equivalent of murderers and rapists and thieves.

I know they're breaking the law by being here. That doesn't meet my threshold for "Criminal" any more than speeding or jaywalking.
This should bother you because we have no idea who they are - some could be rapist, murderers and thieves. It isn't only that; but chances are they broke more than one of our laws to get in here. Try speeding or jaywalking and kicking the officer in the shins when he cites you! How would you like to find out somebody has been using your ID?

The left always grabs the poor, hard working, or young and innocent to say how wrong we are. They never mention ID theft or MS13. In general humans are not like that; all good or all bad. But illegals all broke our laws. In some cases it was their parents; but it was not our fault - it was theirs.

Almost every country in the world has some requirements on who can enter their country. President Trump did not make our immigration laws. He is also not the first President that ever enforced our laws. I see no anger against the congress that made our law or pressure to change existing laws.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm assuming you are educated - but post after post - I feel like I'm reading the whining of a 6 yr old who can't have real discussions but only wants to name call and stamp their feet because they can't have what they want.

Others may have differences of opinion - but at least they contribute to a healthy discussion here. I question the age and the mentality of many here who just seem so negative and just hate life as a whole if they don't get their way.

When I see the Donnie Dotards and other derogatory names - I see people that have been catered to in life - always getting their way - far removed from lower and middle class citizens - who feels they do their part by making a contribution and then trolling threads name calling. If they only could see how foolish they look to other people.
Well stated. The maturity level exhibited here makes me wonder how old some posters are.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

Who said that most illegal aliens are murderers, rapists and thieves? Your threshold doesn't count only our laws do. It's a violation of our immigration laws to come here illegally and it's certainly a lot more criminal than speeding or jaywalking.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Your threshold doesn't count only our laws do. It's a violation of our immigration laws to come here illegally and it's certainly a lot more criminal than speeding or jaywalking.
Your opinion of the criminality of speeding doesn't count, only our laws do.

It's a violation of our traffic laws to speed, and anyone who has ever sped on the highway is thus a criminal.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dear, you are seeing things.

I wonder if you called out all those that called Obama terrible names - right here on this very forum.

Doubt it.

Bottom line ~ you failed to address the statement of import in order to clutch pearls about calling Donnie names.

HOW many immigrants currently work on Trump properties? Should we round them all up today?
Dear.... this is entirely what I see - malcontents because their candidate didn't win. Post after post from some of you confirms that.

Addressing the post - that I did on other posts but some of you don't read posts that conflict with your feelings.

Instead of doubting - spend some time - looking at my many posts for yourself - I didn't spend the time like many here just name calling but actually debated my position and offered proof to back them up.

Bottom line - how is name calling addressing the statement for or against. You know what they say about those who live in glass houses and assuming right?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This should bother you because we have no idea who they are - some could be rapist, murderers and thieves.
So could you. You could be a rapist, a murderer, or a thief. It doesn't have anything to do with immigration status or citizenship.

Quote:
It isn't only that; but chances are they broke more than one of our laws to get in here.
Chances are you broke a law sometime this week.

Quote:
Try speeding or jaywalking and kicking the officer in the shins when he cites you!
OK? I think that's a crime too.

Quote:
How would you like to find out somebody has been using your ID?
??

Quote:
The left always grabs the poor, hard working, or young and innocent to say how wrong we are.
??

Quote:
They never mention ID theft or MS13.
??

Quote:
In general humans are not like that; all good or all bad.
??

Quote:
But illegals all broke our laws.
Yeah, i mean, basically everyone has broken the law before.

The idea is that punishment should fit the crime. Illegal immigration shouldn't be treated like a serious crime because it isn't a serious crime.

People who hire illegal immigrants? Sure. Throw them in prison.

Quote:
In some cases it was their parents; but it was not our fault - it was theirs.

Almost every country in the world has some requirements on who can enter their country.
ok

Quote:
President Trump did not make our immigration laws. He is also not the first President that ever enforced our laws.
ok

Quote:
I see no anger against the congress that made our law or pressure to change existing laws.
you don't see anger against congress? then you aren't looking.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:08 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
The country doesn't need any more people let alone immigrants.

Before we argue over who to let in to this country, it first must be established that anyone needs to be imported at all, and that has not been done.

Prove that with 320M people here already, we "need" one more person.

What we actually need, is a moratorium on immigration so that our population will decline, and we can get back to a sustainable level of population more in line with the average through the 20th century, before this immigration insanity was foisted on us by traitors like Ted "Killer" Kennedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies