Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
another day another attack on CA by one of the extreme right wing posters.... nothing new just more unsupported made up bs intended to divide and keep the cult roiled up.
I'm "extreme right wing?" LOL I'll wear that as a badge of honor, I guess! I'm not even sure what that means!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not knowing the clique of which areas are good or not to live in I took a look at homes around Marina Del Rey. Many 1500 sq ft homes are in the million dollar range. The housing market is absolutely crazy in CA, no one can deny that.
This is very true. We bought our Mira Mesa home (San Diego) in 1970 for $21,500. We remodeled once (doubling it's size) for $25,000 ten years later. When we sold it, ten years after that, it sold for $189.900. We had put a few thousand into it to get it ready for sale (new roof, new carpet, paint ...other improvements). Today the house is worth over $500,000, and it's still basically just a tract home. It's not a luxury villa!

Old 01-16-2018, 12:18 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Er some cities in every state require a permit for everything. Its all about the permit fee and the inspection fees... (and in some places the kickbacks from the endorsed contractor and if you don't use the endorsed contractor i guarantee a fail on the inspection.)

Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Don't worry. There are plenty of people and businesses that will take up the slack for those who leave.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:21 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Thank you for your compassion.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:23 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,804 times
Ca is the diamond that lost its luster. It is not only all the taxes and regulations. It is also the overpopulation and high housing costs. The overpopulation is also coming from Legal aliens who all want to come to Ca from all over the world. One of the main attractions of Ca was the beaches and nice weather. Now it is hard to even go to the beach especially since they are overcrowded and hard to find parking especially on a holiday weekend.

The only thing left is the weather. It is not worth living in Ca anymore since the bad things clearly outnumber the good things. This is why a lot of people are leaving.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
The bottom five states for fiscal problems, including debts are:

Maryland
Kentucky
Massachussetts
Illinois
New Jersey

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

How come no one ever starts threads here about those five states like we continually see about California?

Is California-bashing a meme or something?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm "extreme right wing?" LOL I'll wear that as a badge of honor, I guess! I'm not even sure what that means!
enjoy the badge. you can call yourself whatever you like, i read your posts and they are mostly just attacks on anything you think might be slightly liberal. define your political beliefs however you like, but in general they are to the extreme right of most humans.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is decorative until you start moving plumbing and/or electrical. And yes, a fairly easy project. I have done several myself. Converting a tub into a shower will require some plumbing, but not much, so many people just use the shark-bites and don't bother with permits. Of course, if there is a leak, it will be inside a wall.....
I love those "shark-bite" connectors, though they are expensive! I used a couple of them recently to repair some pluming when the pipes froze. Literally a "snap." Just cut out the bad pipe, a couple of "shark-bite" connectors ...done! No sweating (which I can do, since I re-plumbed this whole house when we moved in here). I have also done all the necessary pluming myself when we were doing tile, as I've built several walk in showers. But it's all easy stuff. I only did one shower where the homeowner did the pluming for me, but he knew what he was doing, so it worked out well. He was more interested in saving me time, so he did the plumbing in the evening. When I came in next day, we were ready to start hanging Hardibackerâ„¢ and start setting tile.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Is California-bashing on same meme list or something?
California is the 5th most blue state, and the state with the highest total income. As such putting it down no matter what is a huge Conservative goal. Its like they are personally offended that its done so well, and isnt Republican led.

So they bash it at every chance they get. California is doing fine. As you can see that horrifies them, so they lie, misrepresent, and cherry pick data in order to claim its about to die any moment now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies