Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 AM

12,434 posts, read 8,222,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since when did powerful, wealthy men having extramarital affairs, become so newsworthy? Its not exactly breaking news that this kind of thing happens! I think I would be more shocked if it didnt happen to be honest.

Even the Whitehouse used to sneak women in and out, and cater to them in other ways, Im sure they still do this today to some extent, but its not going to be on the nightly news.
I saw it work on Barbara Boxer's first run for the junior Californian US Senate seat with the October surprise that her opponent went to a strip club. By then we all knew of JFK's White House secrets. Since that time the tactic always failed but I guess is still tried in a death from a thousand cuts strategy until Roy Moore was accused of being with children and it worked..

Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM

17,024 posts, read 12,640,378 times
It will not end his presidency.

While our pastor is certainly more lukewarm about him. The right side of the aisle will happily sell their soul for the supreme court picks, yes including churchgoers who were all over Clinton on his womanizing.

As for the payoffs. Meh nothing will happen.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:16 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,108,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Trump has repeatedly denied the relationship, and who knows perhaps he's telling the truth. But what if she has indisputable proof? A used condom she saved with his DNA in it, a photos of them together in a passionate embrace, Security camera footage from an elevator them together getting hot and heavy. In a world where everyone has a smart phone and security cameras are everywhere, I find it difficult to believe there's not something of the two of them together.

The smarter move would have been to admit the affair, he won the election already, the damage she could have done would have been minimal. After all it happened before the election, while he would be guilty of cheating on his Wife, it's hardly a crime. Now if proof comes out he did have an affair, he would be guilty of lying to everyone, isn't that what they attempted to impeach Bill Clinton on? Bill Clinton survived probably because he had a lot of political allies, can Trump say the same?
Nah -- this isn't the good ole days. This is 2018 -- we just accept our politicians to be lying, cheating, cads.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,829,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
It’ll probably bring down another press secretary. Sarah failed at little white lies and Trump is furious: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/polit...els/index.html
Why is he lying about it in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I saw it work on Barbara Boxer's first run for the junior Californian US Senate seat with the October surprise that her opponent went to a strip club. By then we all knew of JFK's White House secrets. Since that time the tactic always failed but I guess is still tried in a death from a thousand cuts strategy until Roy Moore was accused of being with children and it worked..
It worked because it was true. The accusations were credible, no one had to make up anything for a witch hunt.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,344,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She is not asking for more money. Trump is trying to silence her and she doesn't want to be silenced. Her lawsuit isn't asking for money. Although Trump is trying to greedily get $1 million per occurrence if she speaks. Who's the greedy one? Trump is the one wanting money.
I wish someone like Larry Flynt would agree to pay Trump on Stormy's behalf. Lets get the full story out and see those pictures or videos. I hope it is something like Trump in a diaper, rubbing his penis with a Big Mac while Stormy urinates on his head. Well maybe not a Big Mac, more like a Jr. Cheeseburger or a McNugget for those tiny 'hands'.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:31 AM

3,285 posts, read 1,353,716 times
Imagine Baron when he finally reads about all of these things on the internet. He’s going to find out he’s the reason daddy slept with Stormy Daniels. There is going to be a lot of guilt, shame, and anger he’ll have to work through even though none of it was ever his fault. This is Trump for you.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:34 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,513,201 times
Quote:
Imagine Baron when he finally reads about all of these things on the internet. He’s going to find out he’s the reason daddy slept with Stormy Daniels. There is going to be a lot of guilt, shame, and anger he’ll have to work through even though none of it was ever his fault. This is Trump for you.
I just posted on another thread how nobody has been mentioning the affect on Baron.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,756,514 times
Quote:
And always has been.
I remember reading reports about how the older kids felt back when he was running around on Ivana.
He didn't care then, why would he have cared after Baron was born?

Old 03-08-2018, 09:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,410,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
At this point "What difference does it make?"
It doesn't make any.

For it to make a difference with the base, it would have to carry more weight than liberal transgressions such as what their press drug us through with the invented Michael Brown scandal.

Because an affair with a hooker is not more damaging to this nation than that, it is therefore functionally inconsequential insofar as popular political support of Trump is concerned. And rightly so.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,599,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Just read that POTUS Trump berated Huckabee-Sanders last night for some of the responses she gave in the presser yesterday.
I know that she is a fabulous liar and spinner; I give her credit for that and Trump should too. Can you imagine getting out there and doing her job?

I've often thought that press secretary would be a stressful job - but being Trump's press secretary takes it to a whole new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies