Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 10:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times

Advertisements

It’s not even February yet.

Build that wall huh?

Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
That is a lot. To be fair, a few of those were suicides. Not that it makes much of a difference but still.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:24 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Yet the right thinks more guns is the answer...instead of banning them...and keeping them out of our schools...

Australia never has school shootings. Neither does the UK or Germany or Japan.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:25 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
a link would be nice, so I went and found one.

Quote:
Some of the shootings at schools this year were suicides that injured no one else; some did not result in any injuries at all.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/u...-shooting.html

Old 01-24-2018, 10:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Hair View Post
If the liberals weren't so set on keeping everyone defenseless, this wouldn't have happened.
Yes, we know. The solution to an overabundance of guns is...MORE GUNS!

Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Yet the right thinks more guns is the answer...instead of banning them...and keeping them out of our schools...

This isn't Australia , UK (although they are having issues with knives, guess banning guns didn't work), Germany or Japan.

Personally , I'd like to get to the root cause of these issues. Why is taking another life becoming the rational , in their mind, thing to do ?
Wouldn't you really like to end these things ?

The majority of our violence is broken down into a view areas.

Inner Cities (gangs , culture, poverty)
Mental Health (mental disorders, bullying,suicide )
Crimes of Passion (cheating, divorce, etc.)

What can we do to help the people that have these issues and feel the need to kill ?

Old 01-24-2018, 10:40 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Hair View Post
If the liberals weren't so set on keeping everyone defenseless, this wouldn't have happened.
You must be an NRA member. We cannot control the idiots who obsessed with guns and killing...

Old 01-24-2018, 10:56 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

More laws?

Guns are banned from schools....don't let them pesky facts get in the way of when someone does not care about the law....

Old 01-24-2018, 10:58 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This isn't Australia , UK (although they are having issues with knives, guess banning guns didn't work), Germany or Japan.

Personally , I'd like to get to the root cause of these issues. Why is taking another life becoming the rational , in their mind, thing to do ?
Wouldn't you really like to end these things ?

The majority of our violence is broken down into a view areas.

Inner Cities (gangs , culture, poverty)
Mental Health (mental disorders, bullying,suicide )
Crimes of Passion (cheating, divorce, etc.)

What can we do to help the people that have these issues and feel the need to kill ?
You cannot bring up facts, they don't want to talk about facts.

People such as the OP don't care about the inner city killings...

Old 01-24-2018, 11:03 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, we know. The solution to an overabundance of guns is...MORE GUNS!
Serious as a heart attack I believe anyone who endorses gun free zones want to use the victims that fall prey inside them as statistics to make a case

1. In curtailing rights.
2. Fear mongering against law abiding citizens.
3. Revoke self reliance to replace with government dependence.
4. Ignore the reality of what really is to blame.
5. Be intellectually disingenuous in attacking the law abiding with a false equivalency that if you own firearms or a certain type you are the same as the perpetrator.

All while insulting them with cute but weak bait as "compensating for something", mockery, and other insults. It's a deflection of the highest order.

The fact these folks choose to double down on ignorance shows just how disconnected from reality and how far they are willing to go to curtail rights of current and future generations to breed weak and feeble dependent beings, and breed prey for vile scumbags to use to further their agenda. Not 1 of them is genuinely concerned. Not a single one.

If they were, they would change their tune on gun free zones, acknowledge they do not work.

For a bunch of people who can sit there and tout about conservatives and others that are ignorant of evolution, they sure do not want to evolve to adapt to what is happening, they refuse to. They would rather these events occur I am convinced of it, to use in vain to further their agenda at both fundamentally transforming the nation and society and to restrict freedom and liberty in favor of fear, and dependence.

I welcome any of them to prove otherwise.

How many more have to fall victim due to gun free zones when violent and evil sick and twisted individuals do not care about their own life or the lives of others?
The blood is on your hands for perpetuating it and providing areas ripe with opportunity and incentive for these heinous individuals.
And I've grown sick of it that you refuse to acknowledge your out look and your politicians outlook on it as well.

Don't like guns. Don't buy one. But don't you dare go restricting rights of current and future generations and push for government dependency. And don't you dare scream "Muh Childrunz" when you blatantly ignore the number 1 common factor-Gun Free Zone.

Prove me wrong. Prove to me you really want to address the monster in the room.
Prove to me you genuinely are concerned for the safety and well being of others and stand with me in pushing for proactive measures that do not curtail rights or push for restrictive legislation. Prove to me you believe in evolution and evolve. Get with it. Demand more than hiding and running. Demand for lawful defense.

Or keep right on repeating the same things over and over again and expect a different outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies