Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The first projections for Trumpcare 2019 are in: Expect rate increases of up to 30%

Looks like he has a great healthcare plan. Actually the interesting thing thats pointed out is that this will impact those making 4X the poverty limit, as the subsidies will shelter the poorer folks.

2019 will be the first time we see the impacts of the war on the ACA. Will it really be 30% as the study estimates? Barring some changes I can see that occurring.
The first projections for the elections were that Hilliary was going to win.

Obamacare was going to give me $2500 but instead my deduction doubled and my premium sky rocket!

Try again with your scare tactics and so far all the proof we have is that under President Trump almost everything is better than it was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
The last numbers I saw show 3 MILLION have lost their health insurance since Trump took office and those numbers will only get larger. Republicans continue to demonstrate the conflict they have, where they cling to the Bible while taking away health care from sick people.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If your child is on your insurance until 26, other than being in school, then there is something else wrong...
It could be that they are starting out working at jobs that don't have health insurance and they can't afford premiums and still eat and keep a car running.

Lots of companies keep entry level jobs under the the number of hours that trigger health benefits.

One of our son's first job was laying carpet and tile. No insurance there.

One of our daughters worked as a CNA before going on to graduate school. No health insurance there.

We got gap insurance for them. It didn't cover much and had a limit of a year or two. We were able to afford it. Not all families can.

A friend of our daughters was diagnosed with Leukemia. Her parents lost everything paying for treatment which was ultimately unsuccessful as she was too far along when it was diagnosed.

But we're a tough bunch. So what if we lose a kid here or there? Lots more where they came from, eh?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The last numbers I saw show 3 MILLION have lost their health insurance since Trump took office and those numbers will only get larger. Republicans continue to demonstrate the conflict they have, where they cling to the Bible while taking away health care from sick people.
Nope, losing healthcare coverage because they can’t afford it. Nobody took it away.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:23 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Trumpcare, what is that?
It's what Obamacare became the minute Trump took office and started mucking with it.

Obamacare was built as a three legged stool:

*new rules that prevent insurers from denying coverage or raising premiums based on preexisting conditions
*requirements that everyone buy insurance
*subsidies to make that insurance affordable to those who don't have access to employer-based insurance

Trump removed one leg, so it's no longer Obamacare.

The unstable two legged stool that remains is all his now.

Now you know what Trumpcare is.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is so great not to be forced to have health insurance. I don't know about you, but I really value my right to go bankrupt if I get seriously ill!
And to shift your financial burden on to those that choose to make sure they insure themselves -- how conservative and libertarian and generous of you.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wrong. It's still the Democrat's "Obamacare," and until some solution to the failed plan is agreed upon (hopefully, free market ...get the government out of my healthcare), it will always be "Obamacare."
When are the Republicans going to make a great healthcare plan like they and Trump promised?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nope, losing healthcare coverage because they can’t afford it. Nobody took it away.
And you don't see a problem with that?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:35 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
This is what the right wing fought for. Enjoy it people and don’t complain.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Healthcare is easy enough to fix IF our government would go have the insurance companies that charge people out the arse for it. But they won't so in the end it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies