Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 02:49 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Can you male pot users measure your chest? I want to know if you get man boobs.
Pot has given me a fine pair of breasts, and I no llonger need to date to get some Jubblie action - thanks pot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 01:05 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Jeff Sessions is the perfect voice for the perfect administration to make false claims about marijuana use. In the end they only will further the cause for marijuana legalization, as their ridiculous claims are debunked. Research now proves these folks wrong.

https://bluestatedaily.com/weed-gate...al-states/amp/
there are many democrats and republicans that are ignorant of the facts

hemp/cannabis is NOT a gateway drug..... and there are 1001 uses for cannabis other that getting high

Old 02-03-2018, 01:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there are many democrats and republicans that are ignorant of the facts

hemp/cannabis is NOT a gateway drug..... and there are 1001 uses for cannabis other that getting high
Absolutely. You're preaching to the choir here.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:15 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pretty stupid article.
Obviously written by a stoner, when he wasn't thinking clearly.

Here are some actual facts:
133% leap in children admitted to ER for marijuana, study finds - CNN
lol, you referencing CNN for "facts"

I cant wait to read all the other 1 off personal experiences in this thread saying Ive done pot but not harder drugs and I dont know anyone that else that has either.

For the record Ive never done pot, hard drugs or even had a beer but if people want the choice to do such I hope they get to as much as I like my choice not to.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:07 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
lol, you referencing CNN for "facts"

I cant wait to read all the other 1 off personal experiences in this thread saying Ive done pot but not harder drugs and I dont know anyone that else that has either.

For the record Ive never done pot, hard drugs or even had a beer but if people want the choice to do such I hope they get to as much as I like my choice not to.
Hmmm. You aren't going to have to wait long to get your desire filled. I've used pot everyday for 47 years, but not harder drugs. I happen to know of 1,000,000's of others too.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Wrong, do some research

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't believe there are any federally funded studies of cannabis, however, due to it being a Schedule 1 drug. I've heard such a designation excludes any federal monies from being used in the research of cannabis.

What a wonderful end result for the pharmaceutical companies. I'm sure it is just a coincidence.
Of course there are federally funded studies of Cannabis. Not only are there studies, but the US government authorized the University of Mississippi to be the sole grower of cannabis for use in studies.

Geez, do a google search before you decide to believe or not believe something, anything!

Being a schedule one drug makes it hard to get approval for studies, it doesn't make it impossible.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Of course there are federally funded studies of Cannabis. Not only are there studies, but the US government authorized the University of Mississippi to be the sole grower of cannabis for use in studies.

Geez, do a google search before you decide to believe or not believe something, anything!

Being a schedule one drug makes it hard to get approval for studies, it doesn't make it impossible.
AND they've been distributing it to users for many years as part of those studies. Reducing it to Schedule 2 would allow wider/deeper studies to happen though.

What's going to be interesting is, if they totally legalize pot, unlike what states are doing now those pot stores will most likely will either go broke or their revenue will seriously drop as will the taxes these governments crave.
That is why it'll NEVER go totally legal, there will always be some kind of restriction like are in place now which either limits or forbids home growing.
These limits will also allow the black market drug smuggling to continue as well.
Greed fuels crime period...

Old 02-06-2018, 10:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Study today shows 1 in 20 babies born is negatively affected in the womb by booze.

Think about that - 5% - or, taken over our whole population - 16 Million or so.

There are a LOT of the %'s - and, remember, you have to add them all up. Something might seem small if you don't.

For example, 4-5% of people are Sociopaths
A few % of other babies are affected by other drugs, including many legal ones (opiates and many more).
1-2% are psychopaths

So we've probably hit 15% (50+ Million Americans!) before we even get started with more "natural" defects, although many of these are environmentals also (many cancers, allergies, etc.).......

This is what amazes me sometimes about the Right and their preaching for people to "lift themselves up by their bootstraps". I've read too much history to believe that BS. Sure, during WWII or certain booms almost anyone could get a job with good pay and benefits, but those times are few.

Anyway, add up those numbers (autism, aspergers, lupus, cancers and more) and you'll soon find it's best to assume that quite a large % of the population needs help....medicines or behavior. Many cannot be helped.

I know a really nice and loving couple that adopted a "booze" baby. No matter what they did, they could not get him under control...whether he was 2, 5, 8 or 11 years old. Finally they had to think of their own safety and that of others and assign him to a "state school"...which really means you will be drugged for the rest of your life.

As if to prove the point, the couple (thought infertile) had a bio child many years later and you could not find a more mature husband and man (he's 22 or so now)....

Anyway, the points are many. First, one needs to make the assumption that a vast percentage of people have serious conditions. Sure, they are on a scale....but easily 1/3 of people are burdened by something quite heavy which is not their own fault. To those we can add another 1/3 who screw themselves up...and maybe the last 1/3 that is semi-normal. Again, there are lots of factors at work. Many who screw themselves up may have been born unlucky with a poor IQ and in poverty. Or, maybe they are smart and have a good family but are heavily (genetically) prone to addition.

What is the point of all this? Be nice to people - be accepting, assume they are going through many hard passages. When it comes to medicine, just about anything in moderation which can help should be available. At the same time, in the USA we probably over-medicate both our children, patients and ourselves...

No one said life is easy.

Having been a member of the "counterculture", I got my fill of soft drugs way back when. Turns out that pot doesn't agree with me. I sorta wish it did...booze doesn't agree with me either. I've been "experienced" but those types of drugs are of no use once you have been to the mountaintop and seen the promised land.

As the song goes "I want a new drug" (you have to be older to remember that song).

Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Study today shows 1 in 20 babies born is negatively affected in the womb by booze.

Think about that - 5% - or, taken over our whole population - 16 Million or so.

There are a LOT of the %'s - and, remember, you have to add them all up. Something might seem small if you don't.

For example, 4-5% of people are Sociopaths
A few % of other babies are affected by other drugs, including many legal ones (opiates and many more).
1-2% are psychopaths

So we've probably hit 15% (50+ Million Americans!) before we even get started with more "natural" defects, although many of these are environmentals also (many cancers, allergies, etc.).......

This is what amazes me sometimes about the Right and their preaching for people to "lift themselves up by their bootstraps". I've read too much history to believe that BS. Sure, during WWII or certain booms almost anyone could get a job with good pay and benefits, but those times are few.

Anyway, add up those numbers (autism, aspergers, lupus, cancers and more) and you'll soon find it's best to assume that quite a large % of the population needs help....medicines or behavior. Many cannot be helped.

I know a really nice and loving couple that adopted a "booze" baby. No matter what they did, they could not get him under control...whether he was 2, 5, 8 or 11 years old. Finally they had to think of their own safety and that of others and assign him to a "state school"...which really means you will be drugged for the rest of your life.

As if to prove the point, the couple (thought infertile) had a bio child many years later and you could not find a more mature husband and man (he's 22 or so now)....

Anyway, the points are many. First, one needs to make the assumption that a vast percentage of people have serious conditions. Sure, they are on a scale....but easily 1/3 of people are burdened by something quite heavy which is not their own fault. To those we can add another 1/3 who screw themselves up...and maybe the last 1/3 that is semi-normal. Again, there are lots of factors at work. Many who screw themselves up may have been born unlucky with a poor IQ and in poverty. Or, maybe they are smart and have a good family but are heavily (genetically) prone to addition.

What is the point of all this? Be nice to people - be accepting, assume they are going through many hard passages. When it comes to medicine, just about anything in moderation which can help should be available. At the same time, in the USA we probably over-medicate both our children, patients and ourselves...

No one said life is easy.

Having been a member of the "counterculture", I got my fill of soft drugs way back when. Turns out that pot doesn't agree with me. I sorta wish it did...booze doesn't agree with me either.

As the song goes "I want a new drug" (you have to be older to remember that song).
Pot used to agree with me way back when but after a whole lot of "agreeing" over many years time all of a sudden it didn't anymore.
Alcohol was no issue either until about 23 when nasty,severe,debilitating hangovers kicked in. Even a couple of drinks would affect me the next day then two,then more as I got older. After a while I couldn't justify spending $$$ to feel like crap and then just "off" for days so that was the end of that. Great song by Huey Lewis And The News btw...

Song video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA

Old 02-06-2018, 11:07 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have a beer at social events. Maybe a beer or two when I watch a ball game. But yeah, intentionally setting out to alter your perceptions you have a problem. And pot changes people, robs them of their ambition and makes them losers.
Like Bill Gates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies