Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 11:59 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,419,009 times

Advertisements

Next thing what might happen is if I stare or look at a sexy lady I will be called on for sexual Harrasment. Along with trying to talk with her in general to be in a relationship with her

But what if it was the other way around? Would there be crying out for sexual Harrasment towards a Male?

Old 01-28-2018, 05:30 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
Based on my 40 years of experience in the work force, I'd guess about 90% are true. There are certainly a few women who accuse falsely, and I'll bet they've jumped right on this bandwagon.

I believe most of these claims are from people who worked together or who had the ability to blacklist the victim or to assassinate their character in the industry if they didn't cooperate.

I don't think you have much to worry about approaching women who you don't work with or who aren't in a group which you have some influence over.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:04 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Although it's heinous behavior, the kind of sexual harassment that involves something like asking someone on a date too many times, doesn't belong in the "true crime" category. If it someone exposing themselves to someone in public, that's a crime.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:40 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Tbf, it's becoming a fest of allegations being taken to the extreme. the waters are so muddied that the genuine cases are being lumped with the lady who may have had a fling that she now claims she was coerced into having (smh).As a lady and someone who has witnessed harassment and endured it during the 80's and 90's, I cannot fathom joining this band wagon as it's out of control.. I learned real quick how to thwart such antics with both attitude and change of behavior ( self defense taught how to stand and be attentive).
I absolutely feel for some of these men having to sadly defend some of these allegations as it's becoming a less toss em all in the fire and see who survives. The media and the accusers are having a field day. I'm having a .. Shake my head at humanity moment. The more far fetched the allegations the more the accuser is believed. It's the witch hunt scenario all over again.. Only this time the warlocks are being called out.
I've worked in an office where some of the ladies made comments of the men that definitely were sexual in nature. The guy should have reported them... Unfortunately these ladies would do what they are doing today and band together and play innocent. Sorry ladies of the me too! Movement, I'm just a bit cautious of your true intent .. And the lives that are being marred. Two wrongs don't make it right...

Old 01-28-2018, 10:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
I believe most of the claims are true, that is I don't think things are being made up from whole cloth, but it seems the litmus for what constitutes harrassment has been lowered.

Basically, being sleazy, or even a bit inappropriate has been raised to just below, or even equal to, penetrative rape.

Case in point, the allegations against Garrison Keilor. As I understand it he claims he was comforting a distraught woman who was wearing a midriff baring top and he placed his hand on her bare back.

Now, maybe he genuinely wanted to comfort he in a time-honored way through gentle human touch on a non sexual part of the human body, the back, or maybe he saw it as an opportunity to cop a feel of her spine. Either way, his honor has been called into question and some people are saying his action is a form of sexual assault, a term usually reserved for groping of breast or genitals all the way up to sexual penetration.

I am sensitive to the sanctity of people's bodies, but the line is moving into an area where it seems that any physical contact between two people may be seen as a potential crime.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:14 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
The #meToo is not really about justice. Its more like mass hysteria. Very difficult to separate truth from fiction in this climate of hyperbole and exaggeration. It is just too much the mob mentality - running primarily on groupthink and emotion.

You just have to look at that Olympic Doctor/Diddler case as Exhibit A. (its actually more like Exhibit P, there have already been so many of these). But it really seems to stand alone in its level of absurdity.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:29 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,667,281 times
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on such matters
however I think it's very important to carefully scrutinize the allegations in cases where there could be potential financial gain or other significant benefit to the alleged victim beyond closure.

I hate to say that but it's the world we live in.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:14 AM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Cases or allegations? Nowadays most get a conviction through the news media and allegations they seem to be enough.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:10 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,016,545 times
This reminds me of days where people were accused of being communist or the witch burning times. As a female naturally I'm not going to condone blatant sexual misconduct but this is sounding more like "me too" - I want my 15 min. of fame. We live in a country where you're innocent until proven guilty but in these cases all someone has to so is make the accusation and a guy's career is ruined. What's wrong with this picture?

There are women that are guilty of this as well. Somebody is going to get pizzed and haul the accuser into court. It's going to change "from me too" to "enough is enough".

Old 01-29-2018, 05:43 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,368 times
All I can say is wow... just wow. I'd expect men to discredit the movement but women as well?

You gals really are your own worst enemies. Probably vote Republican every time like the fools you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies