Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Clinton lie under oath?
Yes 70 97.22%
No 2 2.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:09 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
he lied under oath and told others to lie in court and break the law. Moderator cut: off topic

Was the whole right wing trying to convict him of anything they could? Yes.
Was he convicted of perjury? No.
Was he convicted of anything? No.

There is your answer.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-03-2018 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 07:23 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Of course he lied under oath. This is a stupid poll. I do not understand the fascination with Bill Clinton. It's been 17 years since he was president. 17 freaking years ago and he is still in the rights head. No one from the left brings up George Bush anymore. What is the fascination with Bill Clinton. I just don't get it.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:32 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Was the whole right wing trying to convict him of anything they could? Yes.
Was he convicted of perjury? No.
Was he convicted of anything? No.

There is your answer.

yeah, the right wing conspiracy.

He was disbarred of practicing law and fined $25,000 plus the federal judge who found President Clinton in contempt of court levied a penalty of $90,686 against him, making him the first chief executive ever assessed such a payment. He had to pay 850,000 to Paula Jones......I wouldn't call that innocence.

Impeachment is political. The media was on Clinton's side unlike Nixon, so his approval numbers didn't took a dive like Nixon and the economy was doing good so the Senate didn't want to affect the economy by impeaching him, so the vote was 55-45 NOT Guilty.

O.J. wasn't convicted of murder, everybody knows he is a murderer.....what is your point?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:44 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm asking a simple question which only requires a yes or no answer.
Wrong.

It also requires knowledge of something that happened a long time ago. How about helping us out with the basics, like what the alleged lie was?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
The Judge found him GUILTY of lying....that's why he got disbarred and a big fine......a court found him guilty and Clinton and his lawyers accepted it.

impeachment is always political. Legal process? if that was the case, a lot of Presidents would be impeached just for Jay-walking.

Trump on obstruction? Trump never ordered anyone to lie or break the law like Clinton and Nixon did.....try again.

You can't impeach a President for exercising his constitutional powers under the executive branch.
I said it was a plea bargain... I was wrong about that terminology. I'll have to give back my law degree. Either way, it was still a deal.

What Sort of Plea Did Clinton Cop?

I'm going to have to backtrack on this one. I was speaking of charges and convictions. He was charged, but not convicted, but he did mislead. And while that is not perjury, it is still considered a lie.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 02-03-2018 at 08:06 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 08:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm asking a simple question which only requires a yes or no answer.
Like a dead bear on a rich man's floor.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I said it was a plea bargain... I was wrong about that terminology. I'll have to give back my law degree. Either way, it was still a deal.

What Sort of Plea Did Clinton Cop?

Judge Susan Webber Wright fined him 90,000 for perjury. Judge Wright wrote: "Sanctions are being imposed, not only to deter others who might consider emulating the president's misconduct but to compensate the plaintiff by requiring that the president pay her any reasonable fees and expenses caused by his willful failure to obey this court's discovery orders."

The fine was ordered by Judge Susan Webber Wright, three months after she found him guilty of contempt for giving false testimony in a sexual harassment case brought against him by a former Arkansas government employee, Paula Jones.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Judge Susan Webber Wright fined him 90,000 for perjury. Judge Wright wrote: "Sanctions are being imposed, not only to deter others who might consider emulating the president's misconduct but to compensate the plaintiff by requiring that the president pay her any reasonable fees and expenses caused by his willful failure to obey this court's discovery orders."

The fine was ordered by Judge Susan Webber Wright, three months after she found him guilty of contempt for giving false testimony in a sexual harassment case brought against him by a former Arkansas government employee, Paula Jones.

http://www.rbs0.com/Clinton.pdf

"Judge Wright never mentioned "perjury" in her opinion. Instead she found that Clinton had willfully failed to obey discovery orders."

However, this argument is now moot. Goodnight.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 02-03-2018 at 08:52 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
http://www.rbs0.com/Clinton.pdf

"Judge Wright never mentioned "perjury" in her opinion."

She didn't use the word perjury. She went further.Giving false, misleading and evasive answers that were designed to obstruct justice and it was intentional.

the definition of perjury: the offense of willfully telling an untruth in a court after having taken an oath or affirmation......the Judge went further than the definition.

Webber wrote: "The record demonstrates by clear and convincing evidence that the President responded to plaintiff [Paula Jones]'s questions by giving false, misleading, and evasive answers that were designed to obstruct the judicial process... It is difficult to construe the President's sworn statements in this civil lawsuit concerning his relationship with Ms. Lewinky as anything other than a willful refusal to obey this court's discovery orders.... Simply put, the President's deposition testimony regarding whether he had ever been alone with Ms. Lewinsky was intentionally false, and his statements regarding whether he had ever engaged in sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky likewise were intentionally false, notwithstanding tortured definitions and interpretations of the term 'sexual relations'."

Excerpts From the Judge's Ruling

That was the Judge ruling.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-03-2018 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 07:18 AM

602 posts, read 505,017 times
Speaking of Bill Clinton and lies, did you know that he forced some people to lie on their taxes (and other interactions with the federal government) for many years? Because of DOMA, which he signed into law in 1996 and provided among several things that the federal government would not recognize any marriage that was not between a man and a woman, same-sex couples who were legally married had to file as "single" (or "head of household" if eligible) until the Supreme Court struck down that part of the law in 2013. According to many gay and lesbian couples, that means that the federal government was forcing them to lie on a form that they had to sign under penalty of perjury (search the Internet if you'd like to find out for yourself).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies