Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 05:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any man who is afraid of mentoring a women must be scared because he knows he'll cross the line and sexually harass her. Why else would he be afraid?
Because of false accusations and the tendency to believe EVERY accusation on the spot, lest the man haters and SJW shame, sue, yowl about how ANYONE wanting innocent until proven guilty must approve and condone sexual harassment.
You SJW can't just go around with your all or nothing thinking, and anti male crusade, and not expect pushback or consequences.
You reap what you sow. Same as men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Telling men to not molest, harass or rape women is considered asking for special treatment according to you?

You can't make this stuff up, folks.
Seems to be quite a lot of squalling on this forum about asking for an end to sexual harassment. I hope they never work for a Fortune 500 company because they actually will have to work with and for (gasp) women.

They seem to be having quite a hard time facing this reality.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Liberals are too damn stupid to believe that you have to protect yourselves in certain situations. They believe the police will be there to protect them from all harm so there is no reason to have your protection, and they believe that there is no woman out there that may file false accusations because they have liberal protection. Pie in the sky, thumb sucking liberal philosophy.
I think liberals just want their potential prey to keep their guard down. You silly goose, no one is trying to push you out the door with the #metoo power and resource grab identity politics contrivances .

https://www.city-journal.org/html/me...too-15705.html
Quote:
If the #MeToo movement only reduces sexual predation in the workplace, it will have been a force for good. Its most likely result, however, will be to unleash a torrent of new gender and race quotas throughout the economy and culture, on the theory that disparities in representation and employment are due to harassment and bias.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:54 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Seems to be quite a lot of squalling on this forum about asking for an end to sexual harassment. I hope they never work for a Fortune 500 company because they actually will have to work with and for (gasp) women.

They seem to be having quite a hard time facing this reality.

The guys posting in this forum? Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about that.

I don't know why most of the guys in this thread care, anyways. Not like a) women have any interest in them and b) women (or anyone for that matter) would want them as a professional mentor. *shrugs*

As far as those "uncomfortable" men, oh well. Organizations will find other mentors who aren't scared. No biggie.

It has never dawned on me to not be accessible/mentor to a young(er) professional, just because of their gender, but then again, I know how to be a mature, respectful (self-control) adult around a woman.

Last edited by ATG5; 02-09-2018 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: younger*, I'm not old.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

The guys posting in this forum? Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about that.

I don't know why most of the guys in this thread care, anyways. Not like a) women have any interest in them and b) women (or anyone for that matter) would want them as a professional mentor. *shrugs*

As far as those "uncomfortable" men, oh well. Organizations will find other mentors who aren't scared. No biggie.

It has never dawned on me to not be accessible/mentor to a young professional, just because of their gender, but then again, I know how to be a mature, respectful (self-control) adult around a woman.

Liberalism everyone

Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Liberalism everyone
I'm not a liberal.

But because I have self-control around women, it must be "liberalism". Interesting.

The usual ******* response I've grown accustom to with the usual suspects.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I'm not a liberal.

But because I have self-control around women, it must be "liberalism". Interesting.

The usual ******* response I've grown accustom to with the usual suspects.

Except that is not the problem and you know it

Old 02-09-2018, 06:04 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Since #MeToo, the Number of Men Who Are Uncomfortable Mentoring Women Has Tripled
I'm a man and I can't work up a lot of concern about other men who feel "uncomfortable" working with women after #metoo. A lot of women -- and yes, some men, too -- have had to work under much worse circumstances. Just do the right thing.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm a man and I can't work up a lot of concern about other men who feel "uncomfortable" working with women after #metoo. A lot of women -- and yes, some men, too -- have had to work under much worse circumstances. Just do the right thing.

That's nice but you have to realize your hysteria might have some negative effects

Old 02-09-2018, 06:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:

It has never dawned on me to not be accessible/mentor to a young(er) professional, just because of their gender, but then again, I know how to be a mature, respectful (self-control) adult around a woman.
I was Exec. VP & COO and many women wanted me to be their mentor, and yes now I am one of those uncomfortable men. Next theory please.

It no longer matters how mature respectful and self controlled you are. One false claim and your career is over. Perhaps a false claim by the woman who wants your job. Women can't have guilty until proven innocent (but then still guilty anyway) and have every man willing to help their career. Sure some will, but the reality is there are now many fewer men who will take the risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies