Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times

Advertisements

It can be a pain not to mention expensive to find someone to care for your pets when traveling. This was a college student over T'giving whose friends more likely than not were also away for the holiday. Getting Pebbles the Hamster on the plane as a support animal was no doubt perceived as a good solution.

That is, of course, until it was not.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Idiot.

Another emotional support animal.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stud...230349209.html
I don't believe that story, at all.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't believe that story, at all.
Probably because it doesn't say Trump did it

Old 02-09-2018, 12:36 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LOL.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Too bad your post doesn't make sense. Try again.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:42 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obbleBobble View Post
I agree. The story has been unproven, but you idiots just go ahead and keep talking about it.

Do some research before you pound on your keyboards.

i mean 5 phhuckeen pages of nothing
Sadly, I think Pebbles remains dead. The Snopes Fact Check says that the woman's allegation that Spirit TOLD her to flush the hamster is unproven - NOT that Pebbles did not get flushed.

And, now ... this is getting interesting. If it's THIS difficult to tell from the media whether or not a hamster is alive or dead what does that say about more profound topics?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obbleBobble View Post
I agree. The story has been unproven, but you idiots just go ahead and keep talking about it.

Do some research before you pound on your keyboards.

i mean 5 phhuckeen pages of nothing

So you couldn't do a search which would result in finding confirmation from Spirit Airlines as reported by Time, and we're the idiots?

Spirit Airlines Hits Back at Student Who Flushed Hamster | Time

Old 02-09-2018, 12:58 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
she apparently wasn't all that attached to it if she treated it like a turd. this happened in November IIRC.
Yeah, I'm not buying this story either. Too much doesn't make logical sense, not to much does anyways when dealing with people like this. First off, I love my pets very much and there is absolutely no way I'd kill one just to fly on a plane. And I'm sure those out there who love animals too would agree. If this hamster was in fact for her "emotional support", there is absolutely no way she'd choose to kill it or set it free. Furthermore, I would think those working for the airlines on the plane would set the animal in some place on the plane in it's carrier. I had something I couldn't take on the plane once and one of the stewardesses brought it into the cockpit where it was for the duration of the flight until landing.

I think the real deal is, this chick wanted to bring her pet hamster but for whatever reason couldn't. It was easiest just to get rid of it so she doesn't miss her flight. No emotional support, plain and simple.

Like I was in a restaurant back a year or so ago and some chick brought her two dogs into the place. The owner told her to get them out but she refused saying they were emotional support animals. He threatened to call the police so she left with the dogs. In her case, she just didn't want to leave them at home, in the car, tied up outside, etc. Basically the chick didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to do something responsible with her dogs, so she just said they are emotional support animals and tried to bring them in the restaurant.

No difference from this chick with the hamster. Basically just wanted to bring it on the plane, didn't want any part in being responsible and going through the process of having it properly transported, that would have cost her time and money.

Hot chick though. I'd wish she'd use my tongue for some of her "emotional support". What is it with a lot of these lib chicks. Hot as hell, but dingbatty upstairs.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying this story either. Too much doesn't make logical sense, not to much does anyways when dealing with people like this. First off, I love my pets very much and there is absolutely no way I'd kill one just to fly on a plane. And I'm sure those out there who love animals too would agree. If this hamster was in fact for her "emotional support", there is absolutely no way she'd choose to kill it or set it free. Furthermore, I would think those working for the airlines on the plane would set the animal in some place on the plane in it's carrier. I had something I couldn't take on the plane once and one of the stewardesses brought it into the cockpit where it was for the duration of the flight until landing.

I think the real deal is, this chick wanted to bring her pet hamster but for whatever reason couldn't. It was easiest just to get rid of it so she doesn't miss her flight. No emotional support, plain and simple.

Like I was in a restaurant back a year or so ago and some chick brought her two dogs into the place. The owner told her to get them out but she refused saying they were emotional support animals. He threatened to call the police so she left with the dogs. In her case, she just didn't want to leave them at home, in the car, tied up outside, etc. Basically the chick didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to do something responsible with her dogs, so she just said they are emotional support animals and tried to bring them in the restaurant.

No difference from this chick with the hamster. Basically just wanted to bring it on the plane, didn't want any part in being responsible and going through the process of having it properly transported, that would have cost her time and money.

Hot chick though. I'd wish she'd use my tongue for some of her "emotional support". What is it with a lot of these lib chicks. Hot as hell, but dingbatty upstairs.

I would never harm my children so I think that all of those stories about child abuse and parents killing their children are lies. Because, really, I could never do that and I'm sure people who love their children will agree.

Anyways.....

Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Cruel, and Stupid. First of all this is Spirit Airlines which charges passengers to even use the overhead compartments. Hmmn. There are other discount airlines.

I have flown quiet a lot. Emotional support pets? How about cats? When my daughter moved from NY to Florida, she brought her cat on the plane with her. Jet Blue. Put him in with the baggage? No. She called the airline first. If she could fit him in a carrier under the seat during take off and landing, she could take him with her for a small fee. The rest of the flight she could sit him on her lap in his soft mesh carrier.

Security? She was taken to a private room where she and the cat were examined. Before her flight, she had her Vet give him a tranquilizer so he would not go into a panic at the airport.

Sorry, people, but Service DOGS are not the only pets allowed in the passenger section. I have seen many a small dog on planes. One time I have even seen a PARROT! Certainly a small animal like a hamster can fit in a small soft carrier under the seat.

Cruel, and STUPID is all I can say. ALL pets provide emotional support whatever their species. Not for this young woman. It is a two way street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies