Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 07:45 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

I actually agree with the underlying idea here. Spending real time outside the US was incredibly eye opening for me personally. In my 20 years as an Ex-Pat I met many Black people in the Caribbean who had great awakenings due to their travels as well & I encourage every Black American to travel to predominantly Black countries. Usually those awakenings involved realizing how great they have it in the US. They, like I did, usually see how every single social justice issue that is blamed on racism in the US exists identically in other countries, but without the racial element to blame. i.e. In the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, et al you have police brutality, educational inequalities, income inequalities, etc. just like we do in the US, except with the cops/lawyers/judges being mostly Black, with the teachers/administrators being mostly Black, with both the rich & the poor being mostly Black, Black Americans have an epiphany & realize it's not skin color that causes the issues we have in the US, it's class & economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The overwhelming number of people in Costa Rica are Spanish or a mixed of Spanish and Amerindian. Blacks are very scarce in Costa Rica, no more than 1-2%. This is not exactly an African country.
That includes Limon province. Get outside of Limon & Blacks stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The overwhelming number of people in Costa Rica are Spanish or a mixed of Spanish and Amerindian. Blacks are very scarce in Costa Rica, no more than 1-2%. This is not exactly an African country.
Maybe it's not about the percentage of black people there, but how they are treated there instead.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
LOL liberals being liberal and blaming race for it.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Well.... bye.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Maybe it's not about the percentage of black people there, but how they are treated there instead.
Costa Rica is one of the most racist countries you will ever visit & all Black Costa Ricans know it. It's why the vast majority prefer to live amongst themselves in Limon province.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The women in that video don't appear to be interacting with the local Costa Ricans at all.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Blacks constitute 3 percent of the population of Costa Rica, sounds like utopia huh girls?

Old 02-12-2018, 08:27 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Back to the video....

- I don't begrudge Black people wanting to get together and hang out with other Black people. To take a break from White people per se & just not have to think about being a different skin color for a while. That seems totally normal and healthy to me.

- That's not what this is. The woman holding these sessions is a full-on racist. She states clearly that she wants Whites to only hang out with Whites & to let Blacks only hang out with Blacks. Note the photo of Malcolm X over her shrine of crystals & incense (bizarre). A black person pushing for segregation is no different than a White person pushing for segregation. They are racists, period.

- While some people undoubtedly say things that might offend someone who is hyper-sensitive and looking to be offended as several of these women are, I don't believe for one second that people say to these women "You're really pretty for a Black girl" or "Black people don't exercise". Those sound completely fabricated to illustrate her point.

- The poor woman who said "so many people don't see us as people, or as human" needs therapy with a mental health professional. I believe she genuinely suffers from such self loathing that she believes this nonsense. I blame the public school system & MSM for feeding the mentally unstable this type of negative propaganda.

- Similarly the women who says she can no longer trust any friendships or family members who support Trump because of his racism needs a mental health professional as well. The poor woman really believes what she's saying & she's not getting that on her own, someone, or something is programming her to actually believe it. It's sad.
First paragraph - I agree.

Second paragraph - Yeah, that lady has taken her frustration with racism to new heights (lows?). "white people shouldn't have passports"??? Yikes lady.

The rest of it... I heard "pretty for a black girl" a whole bunch when I was younger. I totally believe that one, along with the surprise or side comments for being smart or articulate or doing anything not stereotypical like exercising or liking rock music. LOL. I'm never suprised at the things people say anymore. Lots of people say stuff like that and don't even know it's racist, they think they are complimenting you. Now of course not everyone is like that but it totally does happen.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:02 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
First paragraph - I agree.

Second paragraph - Yeah, that lady has taken her frustration with racism to new heights (lows?). "white people shouldn't have passports"??? Yikes lady.

The rest of it... I heard "pretty for a black girl" a whole bunch when I was younger. I totally believe that one, along with the surprise or side comments for being smart or articulate or doing anything not stereotypical like exercising or liking rock music. LOL. I'm never suprised at the things people say anymore. Lots of people say stuff like that and don't even know it's racist, they think they are complimenting you. Now of course not everyone is like that but it totally does happen.
Unlike blacks in the rest of the world American blacks are told they live in a racist oppressive country 24/7 from birth to the tomb. Black leaders, the Dems, and the media repeat this mantra every minute of every day.

Can anyone imagine what it feels to hear this negativity 24/7 for a lifetime? I suspect it probably causes some sort of PTSD and causes black people to feel extreme racism where there is none.

This does not mean that there is no racism. We still have racism in America, but it gets better day by day. It only took 53 years to elect Obama as POTUS after the Rosa parks incident. And Obama was mostly elected by white people.

There is also the issue of frustration: In the Jim Crow era racism was blatant and easy to point out. This caused blacks to be strong and determined. Today racism is subtle and related to how black people interpret conversations or phrases. This is not as easily overcome. Hence now people use terms like white privilege, CIS White Male, patriarchy, etc as the culpable agents.

Lastly, another cause of seeing racism everywhere is Race Identity Politics. Lefties love to classify people according to color, sex, nationality, religion, etc. Once people are classified there is a tendency to division based on classification. The French know this and call everyone in France a French person. They believe it is racist to classify people according to race. Sadly in America we have more racial classes than in NAZI Germany and the old Segregated South Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies