Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Trump supporters think a tax is so much more important and has more of an impact on more people than the Florida school shooting.

Kinda tells you their priorities, huh?

am I doing this right?
Since you ask.....

Sounds like you are worried about 10s of millions of people you know nothing about. It's blinded you to what the topic is about, i.e. a Gas Tax. I suggest a 12 step program. Will make your life better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 02:41 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Trump supporters think a tax is so much more important and has more of an impact on more people than the Florida school shooting.

am I doing this right?
when are democrats going to address the mental health issues within the USA???

Old 02-15-2018, 02:45 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Thanks rural truck driving Trump supporters. Go ahead and pay more taxes while I get big income tax breaks and work from home so pay nothing significant in gas tax.
I guess you do not understand things like how goods and services use roads, and how they charge for those goods and services impacts you, and the gas tax is something they will factor into those charges.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
As long as we can be sure the money will be used properly, I'm all for it. But knowing how the government is run, I have my doubts.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:

am I doing this right?
Technically it does have more of an impact. The impact of the shooting is only on those involved, whereas the gas tax impacts everyone in the country, and even out of the country.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:49 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I guess you do not understand things like how goods and services use roads, and how they charge for those goods and services impacts you, and the gas tax is something they will factor into those charges.
Meh I already own most everything I would need besides food which is tax free. The more regressive the tax system gets the better for me and the worse off rural trump supporters will be.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Meh I already own most everything I would need besides food which is tax free. The more regressive the tax system gets the better for me and the worse off rural trump supporters will be.
Trucks pay fuel tax which delivers that food, workers commute to work to stock the food, workers commute to food facilities to process it, workers commute to warehouses to ship it out, etc. Electricity you use is maintained by people who commute to work, and the parts used to maintain the electrical system uses fuel to be transported, the parts are made by people who commute to the factory, etc. Everyone, Trump supporters and non-supporters, are impacted by the gas tax.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No, but making an unsubstantiated claim that 'most of the funds were used to pay political favors' is. Not to mention patently false.
It is not.

$36.9 billion for Aid to People Affected by Economic Downturn (Recovery Act)

This went almost exclusively to the banks, not what it was claimed (and yes I can prove that and have before)

Here's How Obama Spent $792 Billion On Fiscal Stimulus - BI

You can go through the rest of the grab bag and find very little in actual infrastructure.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:59 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Trucks pay fuel tax which delivers that food, workers commute to work to stock the food, workers commute to food facilities to process it, workers commute to warehouses to ship it out, etc. Electricity you use is maintained by people who commute to work, and the parts used to maintain the electrical system uses fuel to be transported, the parts are made by people who commute to the factory, etc. Everyone, Trump supporters and non-supporters, are impacted by the gas tax.
Yes, but I will be very minimally impacted compared to some rural Trump supporter barely scraping by with a beat up old truck getting single digit mpg.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I will be very minimally impacted compared to some rural Trump supporter barely scraping by with a beat up old truck getting single digit mpg.
There are many poor people who do not support Trump.

Are you so ignorant that you think all poor people support Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies