Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 03:31 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is a list of some of the known US interferences in other nation's elections over the years. Surely there are others. But these at least are documented.

2016: UK (verbal intervention against Brexit)
2014: Afghanistan (effectively re-writing Afghan constitution)
2014: UK (verbal intervention against Scottish independence)
2011: Libya (providing support to overthrow Colonel Gaddafi)
2009: Honduras (ousting President Zelaya)
2006: Palestine (providing support to oust Prime Minister Haniyeh)
2005: Syria (providing support against President al-Assad)
2003: Iran (providing support against President Khatami)-
2003: Iraq (ousting of President Hussein)
2002: Venezuela (providing support to attempt an overthrow of President Chavez)
1999: Yugoslavia (removing Yugoslav forces from Kosovo)
1994: Iraq (attempted overthrow of President Hussein)
1991: Haiti (ousting President Aristide)
1991: Kuwait (removing Iraqi forces from Kuwait)
1989: Panama (ousting General Noriega)
1983: Grenada (ousting General Austin's Marxist forces)
1982: Nicaragua (providing support
1971: Chile (ousting President Allende)
1967: Indonesia (ousting President Sukarno)
1964: Brazil (ousting President Goulart)
1964: Chile (providing support against Salvador Allende)
1961: Congo (assassination of leader Lumumba)
1958: Lebanon (providing support to Christian political parties)
1954: Guatemala (ousting President Arbenz)
1953: Iran (ousting Prime Minister Mossadegh)
1953: Philippines (providing support to the President Magsaysay campaign)
1948: Italy (providing support to the Christian Democrats campaign)
But, you conservatives supposed to love your country more than anyone else, to let y'all tell it. But here, you are calling your country out and trying to make them look bad, at the expense of trying to make Trump look not so bad. You are a good soldier for the Russians, doing exactly what they want. Nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 03:37 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Those who keep insisting there was no influence are the same ones posting one lie after the next.

Now either they believe these lies and are passing them on out of naiveté or ignorance,

or

they are part of the propaganda campaign.

They are either gullible, "unwitting" participants in spreading lies and propaganda or they are co-conspirators in this ongoing attempt to defraud Americans.

It's one or the other.
Did you noticed how their narrative have changed since the indictments. How it is Obama fault, because he did nothing, and this goes back to 2014. And others are saying everybody already knew this about the Russians because they been doing it for decades. These were not a part of their daily talking points prior to the indictments, or hardly was ever mentioned.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Did you noticed how their narrative have changed since the indictments. How it is Obama fault, because he did nothing, and this goes back to 2014. And others are saying everybody already knew this about the Russians because they been doing it for decades. These were not a part of their daily talking points prior to the indictments, or hardly was ever mentioned.
I've not changed my position on any of this.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
OK we will do it your way.

What crime has Muller alleged that Trump has broken?

None you say?

Case closed.

It's a big nothing burger.
He won the election, fired Comey for incompetence and didn't hire Mueller.....that's about it.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I don't think the reason is that simple, it's way more to it than that. Yes, people were upset about him winning in the beginning, but it's all the other stuff as well and the list is long. And I'm not even talking about the Russian investigation why people are upset.
It comes down to policy and ideology. The left did not like Trump EO'ing away what Obama EO'ed for starters. The climate accords, the tax plan, the wall etc, etc, etc. Add to it an abrasive confrontational personality, the tweets and we are where we are.

I did not vote for him but he won. As fair and square as any other president. And I am not going to run around with my hair on fire protesting everything. I have a life. The left needs to accept that Trump is the president and move on. Otherwise you look like the right and the birthers. 8 years of trying to find ways to undermine Obama and nothing really worked.

Life goes on. In 2 1/2 years we will have another election. The people will decide then as it should be.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:05 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He is no different than a Bush Republican.

I am involved in the (L) party in state. No one approved of Weld.
There is always 2020. However it would have been so important to have been involved in the debates and actually take things to the next level. It was a golden opportunity lost.

Where I live part time, a city of almost a million people it was totally disorganized in 2016. You could not even get a bumper sticker locally. The local county libertarian party website had not been updated since 2007. If I had the time and lived here full time I would to play a bigger role in all.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Any chance you could just tell us what the punch line is on this so that we can see if it is an intriguing enough proposition to want to wade through the videos and whatnot?

Thanks.

In Muellers snooping, DHS has discovered massive voter & election fraud.
It not only involved the President election, they are saying at least 3 sitting Democrat Senators, were also falsely seated. Election fraud was found.

about the 12:00 mark, it gets into the voter and election fraud, about to blow up in Democrats faces and the reason the Democrats don't want Mueller to release his findings until after the 2018 mid terms, or no one will have faith in our election system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvazzKx2vNE

Old 02-18-2018, 08:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Go ahead and concentrate on those soap boxes.

I'll keep enjoying Russiagate.

Had I, an American, done what the indictments against these 13 Russian trolls says they did, I would not be indicted. It is not illegal. How many people here have fake names on their twitter account? Facebook?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I doubt this announcement by Rosenstein has stopped or even slowed down the Russian operation. Considering that the anti Trump propaganda revved up after the election, one can only assume a lot of the anti Trumpers here and in comments sections are Russians. And the few who aren't are merely useful idiots in the Russian scheme to sow chaos and distrust in our election and political system.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:22 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Had I, an American, done what the indictments against these 13 Russian trolls says they did, I would not be indicted. It is not illegal. How many people here have fake names on their twitter account? Facebook?
Didn't read the indictment, huh? Too busy watching Corsi conspiracy videos and posting nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies