Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,266 times

Advertisements

If guns don't kill people, then shouldn't Americans be allowed to own and carry any weapon they please. long knives, semi Automatic guns, Automatic/auto-fire guns, grenades, grenade launchers pipe bombs, tanks, atomic bombs, nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

These are all just objects that in and of themselves don't kill people. Enlighten me gun loving people.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
I believe the 2nd Amendment does give us that right.

P.S. I might not qualify as I'm not "gun loving". I do not own any.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,266 times
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Then according to this I should be able to own any weapon I please. What's the logic behind banning certain types of weapons or magazine capacity then?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PentagonJunior View Post
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Then according to this I should be able to own any weapon I please.
Correct.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
If guns don't kill people, then shouldn't Americans be allowed to own and carry any weapon they please. long knives, semi Automatic guns, Automatic/auto-fire guns, grenades, grenade launchers pipe bombs, tanks, atomic bombs, nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

These are all just objects that in and of themselves don't kill people. Enlighten me gun loving people.
It is my individual right. It is not a privilege given to me by you.

I have full automatic small arms of various caliber. They have never grown legs and gone off and shot somebody.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:

Then according to this I should be able to own any weapon I please. What's the logic behind banning certain types of weapons or magazine capacity then?
You are correct.
But you want to make it say,

Militias are illegal as the police state has suppressed the free state, the privilege of citizens 21 years and older who are mentally sane and non-felons, may keep but not bear the small arms the government decides are acceptable, this may change at will, by the vote of the collective.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:37 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,479 times
Quote:

People can already buy tanks, and grenades and other explosive items; but the true weapons of mass destruction like nukes require miles of un-inhabited space, where guns need only sufficient back stop, and explosives only need a few hundred feet of safety.

3,637 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:

What "militia " do you belong to ?

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
You are correct.

But the auto weapons, bombs, etc, seem to be the "yelling fire in a theater" line that puts a limit on free speech.

Most people do not want a full firearms ban, only the fringe want that. The real argument is where the line on the types of weapons that people should be allowed to own, without violating the spirit of the 2nd Amendment.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:

Because SCOTUS and whomever decided that our constitutional rights while absolute are not unlimited or something like that.

You can own full automatics manufactured before 1986 and various other weapons, but some things are classified as "destructive devices".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies