Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 05:11 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bingo.
Public enemy number one is an OUT OF CONTROL GOVERNMENT!
Which is why we need to abolish it completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 11:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Which is why we need to abolish it completely.
That ancient dead horse again. It wasn't going to happen when we before hit peak libertarian, and it isn't going to happen in the future.

What happens when you abolish "gubbamint"? The two foreign neighbors on either side of you team up to become your government because, by doing so, they can be the beneficiaries of more resources.

Human nature and the resulting behavior contradicts your politics.

The only way to avoid government exploitation is to make sure that it is formed to work for your and your family's specific interests. That generally requires being very ethnically close to the government.

It's not PC, but that's the unalterable reality.

Though, I also suspect that a lot of the current anti-government people here are merely retrograde communists trying to rebrand heir ideology. The strategy is as fresh as dog dirt.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:32 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Am I the only one suspicious that right now the agency that maybe dropped the ball in FL (with Cruz) suddenly suspects ties between a gun rights organization (who were kind of vocal about said ball dropping) and the Russian Oligarchy?

Maybe there's something, maybe nothing, but it kind of deflects from the FBI lack of involvement, its convenient and, if the FBI can't check out literal online threats made by the perpetrator before the event, do we really think they're going to be effective in this endeavor?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:59 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Not the case.. A small amendment to the 2nd amendment and POOF all semi automatic rifles and pistols are gone.
Wait a second! I've been reading page after page of leftists saying they just want to ban AR-15's and a couple "reasonable measures". You're saying a complete ban on all semi-auto handguns? What does that account for over 90% of all hand guns? Wow. I'm going to continue reading to see how many on the left will condemn this, since they've been saying they just want a couple "reasonable measures".

Old 02-25-2018, 09:02 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Am I the only one suspicious that right now the agency that maybe dropped the ball in FL (with Cruz) suddenly suspects ties between a gun rights organization (who were kind of vocal about said ball dropping) and the Russian Oligarchy?

Maybe there's something, maybe nothing, but it kind of deflects from the FBI lack of involvement, its convenient and, if the FBI can't check out literal online threats made by the perpetrator before the event, do we really think they're going to be effective in this endeavor?
Funny how last Friday when the main story of the day was how badly the FBI bungled the multiple warnings they'd had about the Florida shooter, the Russian facebook ads report came out, diverting all attention from their failures. The FBI absolutely wants to blame the NRA, Russia or anyone else, so long as it takes away from the real story, which is them failing the people again.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:16 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Funny how last Friday when the main story of the day was how badly the FBI bungled the multiple warnings they'd had about the Florida shooter, the Russian facebook ads report came out, diverting all attention from their failures. The FBI absolutely wants to blame the NRA, Russia or anyone else, so long as it takes away from the real story, which is them failing the people again.
The FBI came out and admitted they dropped the ball on this and failed. Where are they shifting blame?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
Maybe if they'd stop wasting time with all of this wild goose chasing they could actually stop real criminals like potential school shooters.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The FBI came out and admitted they dropped the ball on this and failed. Where are they shifting blame?
Yep they did. So why the heat on everyone but the FBI? I'm not a conspiracy theorist really, but everyone is blaming pretty much everything BUT the FBI.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:25 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yep they did. So why the heat on everyone but the FBI? I'm not a conspiracy theorist really, but everyone is blaming pretty much everything BUT the FBI.
I've seen folks blame the FBI, it's just drowned out by those on the far left, and far right arguing over more gun crap it seems. The blame gets shifted all over the place anytime a mass shooting occurs.

I DON'T see the FBI blaming the NRA and others, as that poster suggested.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Maybe if they'd stop wasting time with all of this wild goose chasing they could actually stop real criminals like potential school shooters.
Yep. 35,000 employees in the FBI and your theory is what? 30,000 are assigned to the Mueller investigation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies