Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 12:06 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Door to door confiscations? That's the only way.
There you go again trying to stoke the fears. I have to give it to you -- def know how to rile up that gun lobby. You may keep what you have btw.

I'm talking about banning future sales of these assault weapons.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the biggest problem is mental illness
The BIGGEST problem by far is the government that refuses to protect us!!!!

Old 02-28-2018, 12:08 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
There you go again trying to stoke the fears. I have to give it to you -- def know how to rile up that gun lobby. You may keep what you have btw.

How do you prove new inventory from existing?

Old 02-28-2018, 12:09 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
For the sake of our kids, let's hope that others will follow their lead and also perhaps our government will make it much harder for average citizens to acquire weapons of war. Close those easy wide open loopholes at the gun shows. If you want an AR-15, you need to be screened and then screened again and then some more after that. This easy access to military grade weapons need to become a thing of the past.
The parroting of buzz words created by the anti gun people and the made up term "military grade" or the fact that the military never calls their rifles "assault rifles" they just call them "rifles"just goes on and on.

You people either are too lazy to research facts or are just in denial of wanting to know the facts or you do know the facts and purposely distort the facts.

So ban the AR-15, and when a nut goes into a school room with a 13 shot lever gun and a handgun and does the same amount of damage what will you say then?

Old 02-28-2018, 12:10 PM

50,312 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Gotta start somewhere. Let's start with banning what been used in the last 4 or so mass shooting cases.
Ok, do it. And I'll go buy a featureless AK afterwards to prove how useless that was.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:11 PM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What criteria is different?

Okay, let me preface with what my state does. And I thought all the states were the same on handgun purchases.

Here in Michigan, to buy a handgun.

One needs a purchase permit or CPL. New purchases thru and FFL get a NICS call.
Secondary sales need to be CPL to CPL or it has to go thru an FFL

Long guns need nothing although purchased thru an FFL do get an NICS call.
Secondary sales of long guns have no restrictions.

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The parroting of buzz words created by the anti gun people and the made up term "military grade" or the fact that the military never calls their rifles "assault rifles" they just call them "rifles"just goes on and on.

You people either are too lazy to research facts or are just in denial of wanting to know the facts or you do know the facts and purposely distort the facts.

So ban the AR-15, and when a nut goes into a school room with a 13 shot lever gun and a handgun and does the same amount of damage what will you say then?
Probably the same thing most people are saying now...

What's your solution ?

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ever see someone speed load a pump shotgun? With an ammo bag you can single feed it and shoot continuously until you eventually run out of ammo.https://youtu.be/xXkyEbrqNGw?t=361
Not that it changes anything, but mass shooters are, for the most part, incredibly unskilled. The Florida shooter managed to get off 100 rounds and missed around 75% of the time.

In other words, mass shooters are nutcases who have found a way to commit mass murder while knowing almost nothing about guns. The Florida shooter quit because he jammed his gun as he was reloading.

I am not in the least worried about anyone who can speed shoot a revolver or speed load a pump shotgun. I am worried about weapons that allow a casual user to put out 100 shots in 4 minutes.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:12 PM

50,312 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

Let's hear your proposed bill? Not just parroting Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon Assault weapon

Old 02-28-2018, 12:13 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Age to purchase is different.

Number of handguns you can purchase at one time without triggering an ATF visit.

Carry difference.

Ahhh, forgot about the age difference, been a long time since I was 21....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies