Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 12:55 PM

19 posts, read 8,983 times

Advertisements

I was wondering whether a liberal could explain to me the technical details of how Russia could hack a U.S. national election. Because all the liberals I talk to are convinced that Russia hacked into the election software of the swing states and boosted Trump's relative vote count. Even though Obama explained that state election software is not accessible over the internet. Plus, if they logged into a database and changed the total vote count (the sum of what individuals hand-counted), it would be obvious the numbers don't add up.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
I do not know what Obama said. Do you have a link. He may have been talking about stand alone voting machines rather than voter registration databases (that were indeed penetrated).

Old 03-04-2018, 04:40 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
https://youtu.be/cruh2p_Wh_4

Someone should remind him he said this...then show it to all the whiny Dems.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
“What does that even mean?”- obama

Old 03-04-2018, 04:45 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmadora View Post
... Because all the liberals I talk to are convinced that Russia hacked into the election software of the swing states and boosted Trump's relative vote count.
woop, woop ... my Straw Man detector just went off

Old 03-04-2018, 04:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
woop, woop ... my Straw Man detector just went off
Tell me about it

Old 03-04-2018, 05:09 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
https://youtu.be/cruh2p_Wh_4

Someone should remind him he said this...then show it to all the whiny Dems.
Here is a transcript of more of his statement in context. He is clearly talking about voter fraud.

Because democracy, by definition, works by consent, not by force. I have never seen, in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place.

It’s unprecedented. It happens to be based on no facts; every expert, regardless of political party, regardless of ideology, conservative or liberal, who has ever examined these issues in a serious way, will tell you that instances of significant voter fraud are not to be found, that — keep in mind, elections are run by state and local officials, which means that there are places like Florida, for example, where you’ve got a Republican governor, whose Republican appointees are going to running and monitoring a whole bunch of these election sites.

The notion that somehow if Mr. Trump loses Florida, it’s because of those people that you have to watch out for, that is both irresponsible and, by the way, doesn’t really show the kind of leadership and toughness that you want out of a president.

If you start whining before the game’s even over, if whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else, then you don’t have what it takes to be in this job because there are a lot of times when things don’t go our way or my way.

That’s OK, you fight through it, you work through it, you try to accomplish your goals. But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Hillary Clinton had $2,000,000,000 and couldn't hack an election.

That's 100% proof.

/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies