Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 09:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

A plot to kill ‘50 or 60. If I get lucky maybe 150.’

Six days before he allegedly opened fire on an elementary school playground, the eighth-grader returned to his Instagram group chat to fixate, yet again, on his most intense interests: guns and bombs and the mass murder of children.
“My plan,” wrote Jesse Osborne, who had turned 14 three weeks earlier, “is shooting my dad getting his keys getting in his truck, driving to the elementary school 4 mins away, once there gear up, shoot out the bottom school class room windows, enter the building, shoot the first class which will be the 2d grade, grab teachers keys so I don’t have to hassle to get through any doors.”

On Valentine’s Day, at the same time police say another angry teen, Nikolas Cruz, slaughtered 17 people at a Parkland, Fla., high school with a semiautomatic AR-15, Jesse was sitting in a South Carolina courtroom, waiting to find out whether he would be tried as an adult for a 2016 rampage that left his father and a 6-year-old dead.

The two teens have much in common. Both, investigators say, tortured animals, obsessed over guns and bragged of their deadly intentions on social media. And in the hours after Cruz’s alleged murders, as the nation began, once again, to ask why, a group of detectives, prosecutors and psychiatrists were providing answers about Jesse, now 15. He’d detailed his motives in dozens of online messages, in his 46-page confession and in lengthy interviews with doctors who evaluated him, offering extraordinary insight into the mind of an American school shooter.

Inside an accused school shooter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 09:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
What a well written, thought provoking thread. I think there are always "signs" that a child is not developing normally. We all knew kids growing up who were a little "odd". I knew a kid when I was younger who fit that description. He was always doing strange things, like putting mouse traps in the yard to kill birds that would try to get the bite of food he put in there. He enjoyed pulling wings and legs off of animals.

The last I heard, he was in some trouble with the law for some violent threats he had made to his brother. And yet, no one thought he needed any help with his emotional problems. Much like Cruz, who slipped through crack after crack.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:54 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
From what I have read, Mr. Cruz admitted to the attack. If there is a video of him saying, why still use the term "accused", provided it wasn't a doctored video?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
From what I have read, Mr. Cruz admitted to the attack. If there is a video of him saying, why still use the term "accused", provided it wasn't a doctored video?
Because we're innocent until proven guilty in this country. A court has to make a ruling.

It's just a formality basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies