Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If trump Let Putin Veto Romeny as Secy of State, Is That An Impeachable Offense?
YES 27 69.23%
NO 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:50 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,915,282 times

Advertisements

I'd call it treasonous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 10:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times
I hope they bring back hanging for treason.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,112,561 times
If Obama told Putin he would be more flexible after the election, would that be an impeachable offence?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,359,246 times
And if the accusations come from rags such as the Daily Beast, I'd call them ridiculous.

We've gone over the definition and treatment of treason in the constitution from time immemorial, and the juvenile wishful-thinking over in the Great Playpen continues unabated. I'm not about to suggest that you kiddies grow up, because every tantrum just solidifies the resistance among those of us who understand that as embarrassing as Trump's conduct can sometimes be, he's better than what comes from the worshippers of the Braying Jackass.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-05-2018 at 11:20 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 11:07 AM

6,274 posts, read 3,429,743 times
The key part of the OP question is 'if'.....again there is no evidence of any connection between Trump or his administration and Putin...
If you have something beside the hate Trump spin CNN or MSNBC has told you please provide some credible evidence?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,487,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
If Obama told Putin he would be more flexible after the election, would that be an impeachable offence?
NO! That`s politics.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The key part of the OP question is 'if'.....again there is no evidence of any connection between Trump or his administration and Putin...
If you have something beside the hate Trump spin CNN or MSNBC has told you please provide some credible evidence?
Yup.
This is a "What If?" topic. It can be spun in any direction with no true answer, as any answer is only supposition.

The only truth is Trump met with both men before he was inaugurated. None of us are likely to ever know anything more than that. Feel free to speculate, but I won't. Speculation is just chasing shadows.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,701,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And if the accusations come from rags such as the Daily Beast, I'd call them ridiculous.
Funny stuff - when the Daily Beast was started it was a Moderate-Right leaning site or at least centered - it remains that way:
"they are using both Asawin Suebsaeng (formerly of Mother Jones) and Lachlan Markay (formerly of the Heritage Foundation) to file stories on the Trump Administration. Avlon commented about the approach saying, "We're nonpartisan, but not neutral. And so bringing these two perspectives together, I think, helps us stand out from the pack"

But in backwards bizzarro Trump world unless you are Breitbart or Tucker - financed by right wing billionaires - you are not "fair".

Reality - if anyone cares about it any longer - is that since the GOP is making news for lying, treason, filling the swamp, etc. at a rate 4X that of the "other side"....of course more news is going to cover that!

Trump loves his name being mentioned...no matter what. He has to be the center of attention at all times...by hook or by crook. After all, how many millionaires call into the media themselves and fake being a reporter?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:19 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,701,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
NO! That`s politics.
If I told you I could gain a higher speed on my bike or car in 1/4 mile than I could in 20 feet......would that be treason?

Heck, reporters are now saying nothing is going to be done in Congress until AFTER the Nov. Elections. I suppose that commenter now wants to hang every pol in the country for waiting until after Nov. to serve the people.

Unfortunately our system has become one big game. But it's important to sort out the legal from the illegal and even the treasonous.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:20 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,667,737 times
I agree: discussing the relationship between countries after the election is foreign policy.

However, discussing your picks for your cabinet and giving a foreign leader "veto" power over them is a whole other matter. This would also be true if someone in your campaign OR in your administration did the same on your behalf, either before or after the election.

At this point, however, no legal charges of such have been brought by the special counsel or a Federal Grand Jury. I'm of a mind to wait to see the final results of the investigation and any further indictments by a Federal Grand Jury before making assumptions that stuff like this occurred.

Also, based on some of the indictments that have already been issued, I'm beginning to think that what the investigation is finding may ultimately be bigger than just "hey, Putin, wanna vet my secretary of state?" I think there is a good chance this may ultimately turn about to be a much more than that, or even just the 2016 election.

I could, of course, be totally wrong. The only person who really knows where all of this is going is Bob Mueller, and he's taking his time, and being very thorough.

If Mueller tells me Trump is 100% innocent, I'll believe him. If he tells me that something fishy happened, I'll believe him too.

But ultimately, it will be up to the justice system - not me - to decide if any American laws have or have not been broken. And, it will be up to Congress to decide whether an impeachable offense has occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies