Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times

Advertisements

You are just asking for trouble. In todays and tomorrows political climate your car is going to stand out for a nice dose of vandalism. If they don't key it or throw a brick through the window, they may pick your tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 06:10 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
If I had a vehicle and was part of the NRA, I'd put two of them on the vehicle. I think that if they saw it, they'd think "Is he carrying right now?" and stay away from the vehicle.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:17 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
You are just asking for trouble. In todays and tomorrows political climate your car is going to stand out for a nice dose of vandalism. If they don't key it or throw a brick through the window, they may pick your tires.

...so your answer to this "nice dose of vandalism" is pusillanimous?

...i'll venture to guess you know few, if any gun owners

Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
If I had a vehicle and was part of the NRA, I'd put two of them on the vehicle. I think that if they saw it, they'd think "Is he carrying right now?" and stay away from the vehicle.

Lol.. until you park and walk away.

And if you pulled a gun on someone who was keying your car, you would deserve everything it got you ~ including the loss of ability to conceal carry if not the loss of the right to firearms itself.

Be aware, I'm a firearms instructor ~ this isn't an NRA thing, or a firearms thing.

OP, no need for me to remove stickers. I don't advertise for anything without being paid... haven't had a company offer me payment yet.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:29 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
I don't advertise for anything without being paid... haven't had a company offer me payment yet.
Me either.

I just have a simple little decal on my window that says "Libertarian...pro-choice on everything."

Old 03-05-2018, 06:38 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
So, are you saying you are going to vandalize one of my 6 vehicles because you dont believe in my membership?
I think I will report you to the internet polizia.. You are a threat.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:42 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Makes me want to have an NRA sticker on each window.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:50 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
'Asking for trouble' is a dog whistle for people who would say the victim was asking for it. So tell women they are asking for it if they wear certain clothes. Tell the guy who had his car stolen he was asking for it because it was an expensive car. Tell a homeowner they were asking for it because they left their computer and camera on a table in plain view of a window.

Social justice in action, bet if you asked if it was okay to use physical violence if someone called you a name, it would be officially sanctioned by the media and activist judges. Gang rules now replacing legislated law.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:57 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
I don't put any political stuff on my vehicle as a general policy. It's not likely anybody would go out of their way to vandalize somebodies car over it, but I've just never been a fan of using my car or truck as a political platform.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
no, Im going put one on my car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies